Paul (2011) searching for playlist order

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Pijoto

Paul (2011) searching for playlist order

Post by Pijoto »

Curious if anyone knows the correct playlist order for the "Paul" movie from 2011, I ripped mine from a Netflix Blu-ray rental disc.

Thanks.
Woodstock

Re: Paul (2011) searching for playlist order

Post by Woodstock »

"Play list order"? The movie Paul was published before play list obfuscation was being done.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Pijoto

Post by Pijoto »

Really? Guess that's why I couldn't find any post about the Movie here...... The Blu-ray ripped okay, and the movie files seem like it's broken up in small chunks like all the other Movies that's been obfuscated. Is this movie just too old and obscure that no one has figured out the playlist order?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I only have the DVD version, ripped back in 2014, so I can't comment on the BD version. But there was nothing special about play lists on the DVD.

MakeMKV won't construct a movie out of segments unless there is a play list on the disk that ties them together. Universal hasn't been one of the studios that outputs "obfuscated" disks, unless this is a release created after 2016 or so (original release was 2013 for the BD).

Maybe someone who has a later copy can chime in here...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
CraftyJaguar

Post by CraftyJaguar »

The Netflix disc has two (movie size) files: 00800.mpls (1:43:48) and 00801.mpls (1:49:18). I'm assuming the first one is the theatrical version and the 2nd is the unrated version. This disc also has a WHOLE bunch of smaller files on it. Maybe those are what Pijoto is talking about.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

The theatrical release for Paul (2011) is listed as 104 minutes.

The blu-ray.com review lists several extras on the blu-ray. Assuredly some of the 'smaller' files on the blu-ray are those extras.