The Fanatic (2019)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
TheMountainThatRoars

The Fanatic (2019)

Post by TheMountainThatRoars »

Anyone else having issues with this movie? RB or Retail?

I can't even get MakeMKV to realize there is a disc in the disc drive. Never had this happen before.
tkarels

Re: The Fanatic (2019)

Post by tkarels »

I'm having the same issue. Tried to read on multiple optical devices on multiple computers. Even used different software programs and nothing is able to read the fact that the disc even exists.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Test: Insert the disk, and attempt to access it using your file manager (explorer, finder, whatever). You SHOULD be able to get a directory, if the disk is readable.

If the operating system says there is no disk, it is because the drive can't read even the basic information necessary to know it is there, and MakeMKV can't fix that. This will happen if you try to read a UHD disk in a drive that cannot read UHD, or when you stick a BD into a DVD-only drive, for example.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
TheMountainThatRoars

Woodstock wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:27 pm
If the operating system says there is no disk, it is because the drive can't read even the basic information necessary to know it is there, and MakeMKV can't fix that. This will happen if you try to read a UHD disk in a drive that cannot read UHD, or when you stick a BD into a DVD-only drive, for example.
First, thank you for the reply. Second, I tried to access via the OS and still nothing. Not sure if this is a new kind of protection, but for all intents and purposes the disk doesn't exist for the Drive/OS. I'm stumped.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Just to make sure, you inserted the Bluray disk, and not the UHD Bluray, correct? A lot of these new "UHD/BD" packs put the BD version in like it's an "extras" disk.

If multiple drives/computers say it "isn't there" after cleaning, the disk is defective, and should be replaced.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
TheMountainThatRoars

Yep, it was for sure the blu-ray. I took a chance and bought a cheap portable Blu Ray drive and wouldn't you know it, that one could see it.

No idea why the other two couldn't, but this cheap little Pioneer did the trick. Going to keep it around as a just in case. Thanks again, Woodstock.