JRE not working for Red 2 blu-ray

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
soupcxan

JRE not working for Red 2 blu-ray

Post by soupcxan »

I installed JRE and pointed MakeMKV at it but when I load the Red 2 disc it does not give me any sign about which track is the right one or even if it is using JRE.

Yes I saw the previous thread on Red 2 but none of the recommended tracks from that seem to work.
Woodstock

Re: JRE not working for Red 2 blu-ray

Post by Woodstock »

If the JRE is found and used, you will see a message in your log window, like this:
Using Java runtime from C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_121\bin\java.exe
(this will not appear for non-BD disks or BDs that do not have "fake playlist" detected)

Move information here, because I don't like to type as much anymore: What is the correct play list [insert title here]?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
soupcxan

Post by soupcxan »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:33 am
If the JRE is found and used, you will see a message in your log window, like this:
Using Java runtime from C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_121\bin\java.exe
(this will not appear for non-BD disks or BDs that do not have "fake playlist" detected)

Move information here, because I don't like to type as much anymore: What is the correct play list [insert title here]?
Right, I don't see that it's using the JRE exe but Red 2 is a Lionsgate disc with fake playlist protection. I don't get it.
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

If there is no Java code for the Jave Engine on the disc, Java is not executed. This has nothing to do with Lionsgate Blu-rays, fake playlists can be on any disc.

By the way, if you have a standard Java installation, there is no need to specify it in MakeMKV. It finds it over the Win registry, always the last installed version.
Good Luck :)