Home Alone (Italian BD+) does not decode

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
bum123

Home Alone (Italian BD+) does not decode

Post by bum123 »

Hello.

I love MakeMKV as it is the only way I know to fight DRM and make the use I wish of the products I purchase. BIG THANKS to all involved!

I regularly process many BD but I have a problem now with an Italian release of Home Alone. I understand it is a "classic" BD+ issue of missing SVQ (the message is "BD+ code processed but no FUTs were obtained, errors may follow").

I have a few questions related to the submission of dump files:
  • I submitted on 27th Dec the dump file (around 5.5 MB) to the advertised e-mail address. Never got any answer. Is there a way for me to know if it will ever be considered? Or even simply know if it has arrived at destination? Does the recipient ever answer?
  • If the answer to the above is "no, it will simply work sometimes in the future", what exactly shall I do to try? I am asking because I read about downloading manually the file dsall.svq and I also read that MakeMKV downloads automatically the latest SVQ, but if I start the program normally, I get "Loaded 10 SVQ file(s)" while if I place dsall.svq in .MakeMKV, I get "Loaded 746 SVQ file(s)", suggesting that perhaps the automatic download does not quite happen. Or nothing will happen before a new release (I am using 1.14.7 which I understand is the latest--downloaded before I sent the dump).
Any additional information would be useful--possibly to others than me in similar situations. Thanks!
bum123

Re: Home Alone (Italian BD+) does not decode

Post by bum123 »

No answers and no news. Just tried again and the error persists.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There are rarely answers to submission emails; primarily, the response is an updated SVQ file being available that MakeMKV can pull when needed.

Assuming you have "contact web server for updates" enabled, and it still isn't decoding, there may be an issue with it. With debug logging turned on, there is used to be a message saying that the necessary SVQ file is being downloaded; I haven't seen it in a while, and the SVQ data may have been made part of the SDF.bin file... But Mike hasn't said anything about that.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
bum123

Post by bum123 »

Thanks, Woodstock. "Contact for updates" has always been enabled and I added the debug logging. There is no message suggesting any download. The dsall.svq one can download manually has not changed since I last checked; adding it it makes some difference in the logged messages, but does not help. The log actually says "Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/generic.svq" which might suggest MakeMKV is not downloading anything. The MakeMKV version has not changed since either, so any builtin has not changed either.

I guess I will simply wait--or buy a new copy of the BR in a different country....
bum123

Post by bum123 »

Tried with MakeMKV 1.15.0 and still getting the same issue.
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

The downloaded svq files (with different naming, f.e svq_0000023a.bin) are in "<user>/.makemkv/_private_data.tar" with all other things. My "_private_data.tar" is from 24.03.2020 with some svq files which are download last month. I think the "dsall.svq" file is obsolet, because the complete process works now different.

I think you should check the automatic download process. Rename the "_private_data.tar" file, start makemkv and it should download some things. Check also the messages in the debug log.
Good Luck :)

Post by Krawk »

I'd presume you checked off the Create BD+ Log (or is it dump) option and sent that in?
bum123

Post by bum123 »

Firstly, my apologies to Krawk and Grauhaar: I somehow believed to be subscribed by mail to any answer of this post but I probably was not--and thus did not see their replies.

But the main point is that I just tried v1.15.1 and now it worked perfectly fine!

THANKS to whomever made it work! :D