Having Trouble coverting new Alien Anthology

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
johnnyatx

Having Trouble coverting new Alien Anthology

Post by johnnyatx »

I realize this is a new release and may take some time however the main movie titles appear to convert to *.MKV container file however they will not covert further when importing them into another third party tool such as handbrake...Handbrake reports that file or disk is encrypted.
servocrow

Re: Having Trouble coverting new Alien Anthology

Post by servocrow »

I was able to rip the Anthology without a problem HOWEVER , I ripped the BR disc via SLYS%^T first then used MAKEMKV to throw them into the MKV container. I then used a NIGHTLY BUILD of HandBrake and was able to convert them without issue. I also did this with Back to the Future Trilogy as well.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@johnnyatx

Hi!
I realize this is a new release and may take some time however the main movie titles appear to convert to *.MKV container file

So, no, it won't "take some time", as you've stated that MakeMKV has done what it's supposed to do (convert to .MKV).

Any additional processing that you're trying to perform with another program (Handbrake or similar) is the responsibility of that program and not of MakeMKV.

By all means, follow the suggestion by "servocrow" to look for the most current version ("nightly build") of whatever program you are attemptiung to use for "further conversion...

servocrow

Post by servocrow »

@ setarip_old

What conversion program do you use? if any....curious...