Midway

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
hvnphoto
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Midway

Post by hvnphoto » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:10 pm

Retail Version

Title information
Name: Midway
Source file name: 00539.mpls
Duration: 2:18:24
Chapters count: 16
Size: 36.3 GB
Segment count: 10
Segment map: 504,510,501,507,502,505,506,509,503,508
File name: Midway_t109.mkv

Steveredrum
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:21 am

Re: Midway

Post by Steveredrum » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:22 pm

Worked for me - Thanks

asr101
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:47 pm

Re: Midway

Post by asr101 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:54 pm

Thanks - this is just what I needed - MakeMKV Java routine picked the wrong source file.

ChrisCaPWN
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:54 am

Re: Midway

Post by ChrisCaPWN » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:00 am

I manually went through to find the correct playlist for rental discs. I found it to be 00741.mpls.


Enjoy.
Attachments
Midway Playlist.PNG
Midway Playlist.PNG (4.86 KiB) Viewed 18078 times

boe_d
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Midway

Post by boe_d » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:26 am

I've got the UHD disc - neither MPLS is available. I can say the first 373 - bombed out at 38 minutes in - haven't seen that before. Testing the next one shortly

mkvman1000
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:54 am

Re: Midway

Post by mkvman1000 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:34 pm

I rented the Redbox version and neither 00539.mpls or 00741.mpls were even on the disc. I also couldn't find a playlist with the same segment map as in the screenshot. Anybody have any ideas?

wmcclain
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Midway

Post by wmcclain » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:38 pm

mkvman1000 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:34 pm
I rented the Redbox version and neither 00539.mpls or 00741.mpls were even on the disc. I also couldn't find a playlist with the same segment map as in the screenshot. Anybody have any ideas?
My Redbox rental has both and 741 matches the map shown above. Have not watched the movie, but quick testing shows opening scenes and ending credits look correct.

Are you getting a big list of mpls selections on your disc?

-Bill
Capsule film reviews: Strange Picture Scroll

mkvman1000
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:54 am

Re: Midway

Post by mkvman1000 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:54 pm

wmcclain wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:38 pm
mkvman1000 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:34 pm
I rented the Redbox version and neither 00539.mpls or 00741.mpls were even on the disc. I also couldn't find a playlist with the same segment map as in the screenshot. Anybody have any ideas?
My Redbox rental has both and 741 matches the map shown above. Have not watched the movie, but quick testing shows opening scenes and ending credits look correct.

Are you getting a big list of mpls selections on your disc?

-Bill
Hmmm weird, and yeah there's a huge list.

wmcclain
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Midway

Post by wmcclain » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:01 pm

mkvman1000 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:54 pm
Hmmm weird, and yeah there's a huge list.
Thinking... is it the correct title? Redbox also has Dauntless: The Battle Of Midway, although it is DVD-only where I am. Don't know about nationally.

-Bill
Capsule film reviews: Strange Picture Scroll

mkvman1000
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:54 am

Re: Midway

Post by mkvman1000 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:04 pm

wmcclain wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:01 pm
mkvman1000 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:54 pm
Hmmm weird, and yeah there's a huge list.
Thinking... is it the correct title? Redbox also has Dauntless: The Battle Of Midway, although it is DVD-only where I am. Don't know about nationally.

-Bill
It's Midway in 4K. This other thread https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=21505 says another program found #504 to be the correct playlist, this disc does have that one so I'm trying it. Also interestingly all my playlists have 7 numbers for segment map rather than 10.

wmcclain
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Midway

Post by wmcclain » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:08 pm

mkvman1000 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:04 pm
It's Midway in 4K. This other thread https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=21505 says another program found #504 to be the correct playlist, this disc does have that one so I'm trying it. Also interestingly all my playlists have 7 numbers for segment map rather than 10.
Ok, I don't follow UHD ripping closely but I would expect those discs to have different playlists than Blu-rays. So this is the wrong forum for your rental.

-Bill
Capsule film reviews: Strange Picture Scroll

mkvman1000
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:54 am

Re: Midway

Post by mkvman1000 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:19 pm

wmcclain wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:08 pm
mkvman1000 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:04 pm
It's Midway in 4K. This other thread https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=21505 says another program found #504 to be the correct playlist, this disc does have that one so I'm trying it. Also interestingly all my playlists have 7 numbers for segment map rather than 10.
Ok, I don't follow UHD ripping closely but I would expect those discs to have different playlists than Blu-rays. So this is the wrong forum for your rental.

-Bill
doh

Dustin66
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:59 am

Re: Midway

Post by Dustin66 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:21 pm

RedBox Version
Procmon verified

Title information
Name: Midway
Source file name: 00741.mpls
Duration: 2:18:24
Chapters count: 16
Size: 36.3 GB
Segment count: 10
Segment map: 507,501,509,502,504,510,508,506,503,505
File name: Midway_t168.mkv

PrideOfPR7
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:06 pm

Re: Midway

Post by PrideOfPR7 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:20 am

Dustin66 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:21 pm
RedBox Version
Procmon verified

Title information
Name: Midway
Source file name: 00741.mpls
Duration: 2:18:24
Chapters count: 16
Size: 36.3 GB
Segment count: 10
Segment map: 507,501,509,502,504,510,508,506,503,505
File name: Midway_t168.mkv
One more to confirm this is the correct file.

ebaake
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:44 pm

Re: Midway

Post by ebaake » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:14 pm

mkvman1000 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:04 pm
wmcclain wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:01 pm
mkvman1000 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:54 pm
Hmmm weird, and yeah there's a huge list.
Thinking... is it the correct title? Redbox also has Dauntless: The Battle Of Midway, although it is DVD-only where I am. Don't know about nationally.

-Bill
It's Midway in 4K. This other thread https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=21505 says another program found #504 to be the correct playlist, this disc does have that one so I'm trying it. Also interestingly all my playlists have 7 numbers for segment map rather than 10.
Any update on this? did #504 work for you?

Post Reply