Knives Out - US Retail

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
johng
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by johng » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:30 pm

FYI, I broke out my really old computer that has an internal LG bluray drive and was able to read the disc, so all is good.

makememe
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by makememe » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:04 am

The initial post is correct, 0628, for amazon disc; I checked with procmon as well.

Title information
Name: Knives Out (English)
Source file name: 00628.mpls
Duration: 2:10:13
Chapters count: 16
Size: 28.3 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 510,505,513,512,502,506,504,519,507,518,520,509,508,503,515
File name: Knives Out_t208.mkv


makemkv suggested :

Title information
Name: Knives Out (English)
Comment: FPL_MainFeature
Source file name: 00180.mpls
Duration: 2:10:22
Chapters count: 17
Size: 28.3 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 510,501,513,512,502,506,504,519,507,518,520,509,508,503,515
File name: Knives Out-FPL_MainFeature_t01.mkv

Not much of a difference, 505 to 501. Close Mike. Thanks.

cwshore
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by cwshore » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:41 pm

ChrisCaPWN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:11 am
Rental version is 00234.mpls

Code: Select all

Name: Knives Out
Source file name: 00234.mpls
Duration: 2:10:13
Chapters count: 16
Size: 28.3 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 506,511,519,505,513,510,502,514,507,509,504,516,518,508,515
File name: Knives Out_t90.mkv

Code: Select all

6:34:19.9765545 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\02797.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:34:25.3467140 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\03340.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:34:42.8799731 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\03340.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:34:42.8802004 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\02797.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:35:06.8384315 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00506.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:35:07.8909582 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00511.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:35:52.3120919 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00519.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:35:54.9246648 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00505.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:36:25.9009886 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00513.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:36:27.0010794 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00510.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:36:45.1229902 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00502.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:36:46.3064175 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00514.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:37:25.7124633 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00507.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:37:27.3484069 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00509.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:38:13.0941563 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00504.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:38:14.6584158 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00516.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:38:34.6663677 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00518.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:38:35.7495252 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00508.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:38:58.4501001 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00515.m2ts	SUCCESS	
I have been backing up my movies for some time now and depending on posts, such as these, to define which title to rip. I have decided that I want to venture out of this habit and learn how to generate this information myself. Would anyone be able to point me toward a good source of information to do this? Thank you in advance for the information.

moviechamp1859
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 am

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by moviechamp1859 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:35 am

can confirm 00234.mpls for redbox version. i ripped and watched the entire movie to confirm as well.

ChrisCaPWN
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:54 am

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by ChrisCaPWN » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:04 pm

cwshore wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:41 pm
ChrisCaPWN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:11 am
Rental version is 00234.mpls

Code: Select all

Name: Knives Out
Source file name: 00234.mpls
Duration: 2:10:13
Chapters count: 16
Size: 28.3 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 506,511,519,505,513,510,502,514,507,509,504,516,518,508,515
File name: Knives Out_t90.mkv

Code: Select all

6:34:19.9765545 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\02797.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:34:25.3467140 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\03340.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:34:42.8799731 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\03340.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:34:42.8802004 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\02797.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:35:06.8384315 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00506.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:35:07.8909582 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00511.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:35:52.3120919 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00519.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:35:54.9246648 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00505.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:36:25.9009886 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00513.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:36:27.0010794 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00510.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:36:45.1229902 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00502.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:36:46.3064175 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00514.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:37:25.7124633 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00507.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:37:27.3484069 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00509.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:38:13.0941563 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00504.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:38:14.6584158 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00516.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:38:34.6663677 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00518.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:38:35.7495252 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00508.m2ts	SUCCESS	
6:38:58.4501001 PM	PowerDVDMovie.exe	6624	CloseFile	G:\BDMV\STREAM\00515.m2ts	SUCCESS	
I have been backing up my movies for some time now and depending on posts, such as these, to define which title to rip. I have decided that I want to venture out of this habit and learn how to generate this information myself. Would anyone be able to point me toward a good source of information to do this? Thank you in advance for the information.
Check out this post by unab0mb. It's a very detail step by step on the process. Hope it helps!

Code: Select all

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16251

tenjuna
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by tenjuna » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:55 pm

To add to the long list of replies for Redbox version, I watched the "main feature" 225 after ripping it and it's definitely wrong. 234 seems to be the right call.

therapy80301
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by therapy80301 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:54 pm

Title information
Name: Knives Out
Source file name: 00234.mpls
Duration: 2:10:13
Chapters count: 16
Size: 28.3 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 506,511,519,505,513,510,502,514,507,509,504,516,518,508,515
File name: Knives Out_t111.mkv
Though it looks like a retail copy from DVD.com, only rental 00234.mpls/Knives Out_t111.mkv correlates and it does not work for me. It goes out of sequence at 32:24. This disc does not have 628 nor any segment maps starting with 510. They're all 506 for the first segment. New segment map perhaps for DVD.com?

My computer is not capable of playing blu-rays or doing logging with powerdvd.

Any ideas?

ChrisCaPWN
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:54 am

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by ChrisCaPWN » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:02 am

Though it looks like a retail copy from DVD.com, only rental 00234.mpls/Knives Out_t111.mkv correlates and it does not work for me. It goes out of sequence at 32:24. This disc does not have 628 nor any segment maps starting with 510. They're all 506 for the first segment. New segment map perhaps for DVD.com?

My computer is not capable of playing blu-rays or doing logging with powerdvd.

Any ideas?
Check the segment map to see if all of the segments are the same. If they are not, there is going to be issues with proper playback. If it is the same, it's definitely correct.
If it is different, and you have no playback options on your computer, your only option is to go line by line checking the segment maps to find the one that is correct as listed.

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by MartyMcNuts » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:08 am

ChrisCaPWN wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:02 am
Though it looks like a retail copy from DVD.com, only rental 00234.mpls/Knives Out_t111.mkv correlates and it does not work for me. It goes out of sequence at 32:24. This disc does not have 628 nor any segment maps starting with 510. They're all 506 for the first segment. New segment map perhaps for DVD.com?

My computer is not capable of playing blu-rays or doing logging with powerdvd.

Any ideas?
Check the segment map to see if all of the segments are the same. If they are not, there is going to be issues with proper playback. If it is the same, it's definitely correct.
If it is different, and you have no playback options on your computer, your only option is to go line by line checking the segment maps to find the one that is correct as listed.
For curiosity, can you run your decrypted folder through GetMPLS and see what playlist is recommended? If the wrong one is recommended (and will probably be), any different m2ts files will be highlighted blue in the playlist/segment window.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD capable drives in AUS & NZ: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18747

therapy80301
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by therapy80301 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:38 am

ChrisCaPWN wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:02 am
Though it looks like a retail copy from DVD.com, only rental 00234.mpls/Knives Out_t111.mkv correlates and it does not work for me. It goes out of sequence at 32:24. This disc does not have 628 nor any segment maps starting with 510. They're all 506 for the first segment. New segment map perhaps for DVD.com?

My computer is not capable of playing blu-rays or doing logging with powerdvd.

Any ideas?
Check the segment map to see if all of the segments are the same. If they are not, there is going to be issues with proper playback. If it is the same, it's definitely correct.
If it is different, and you have no playback options on your computer, your only option is to go line by line checking the segment maps to find the one that is correct as listed.
Well, the segment map from my 234.mpls matches those from other 234.mpls segment maps whether they be the same title (111) as mine or different (90). Weird.

therapy80301
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by therapy80301 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:38 am

ChrisCaPWN wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:02 am
Check the segment map to see if all of the segments are the same. If they are not, there is going to be issues with proper playback. If it is the same, it's definitely correct.
If it is different, and you have no playback options on your computer, your only option is to go line by line checking the segment maps to find the one that is correct as listed.
Well, the segment map from my 234.mpls matches those from other members' 234.mpls segment maps whether they be the same title (111) as mine or different (90). Weird.

therapy80301
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by therapy80301 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:43 am

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:08 am
For curiosity, can you run your decrypted folder through GetMPLS and see what playlist is recommended? If the wrong one is recommended (and will probably be), any different m2ts files will be highlighted blue in the playlist/segment window.
Norton doesn't like GetMPLS. Do you, the creator, promise it's safe?

MartyMcNuts
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by MartyMcNuts » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:59 pm

therapy80301 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:43 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:08 am
For curiosity, can you run your decrypted folder through GetMPLS and see what playlist is recommended? If the wrong one is recommended (and will probably be), any different m2ts files will be highlighted blue in the playlist/segment window.
Norton doesn't like GetMPLS. Do you, the creator, promise it's safe?
Does Norton like anything these days!! :D

Yes it is safe.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD capable drives in AUS & NZ: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18747

therapy80301
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by therapy80301 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:08 pm

kennova wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:50 pm
Yeah I went through it after it ripped. Looks right to me.
Are you sure this map doesn't have an out of order segment at 32:06? Where it cuts to a short segment of Captain America being interrogated by James Bond?

kennova
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Re: Knives Out - US Retail

Post by kennova » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:25 pm

therapy80301 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:08 pm
Are you sure this map doesn't have an out of order segment at 32:06? Where it cuts to a short segment of Captain America being interrogated by James Bond?
Yeah I watched the whole movie, and just now I checked again. No issue like that.

Post Reply