Audio Track Edit

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
chained_to_the_wind

Audio Track Edit

Post by chained_to_the_wind »

Hi Folks,

Do any of you have any suggestions how it may be possible to add the audio track of 1 MKV file to the video of another MKV file? Preferably without re-encoding but rather, "remuxing" so that the quality is maintained. Although if remuxing is not possible , it would still be better to make a good bitrate re-encode to achieve this.

Context....

I have the 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Blu-Ray UK 2014 which has a perfect Audio Track , but a rubbish video transfer.

And I have the 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Blu-Ray US 2019 which has a perfect rescanned video transfer , but the audio track is abysmal , off pitch , tinny , and has an echo (not just me who thinks this , the forums at Blu-Ray com agree they've made a mistake bodged the audio and it has an echo).

When both opened in VLC media player they stay in sync as they are exactly the same length , therefore if the Audio from the UK Blu-Ray were added to the Video from the US Blu-Ray would be the perfect edition.
Woodstock

Re: Audio Track Edit

Post by Woodstock »

Search for "mkvtoolnix". Before I bought smarter video players, I would use it for merging DVD MKV subtitles into BD MKV rips, so I could have switchable subtitles (dual DVD/BD packages are nice at times). With mkvmerge from that package, you can pick and choose tracks from multiple input files and put them in a combined output file.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
chained_to_the_wind

Four Weddings and a Funeral - Audio Track Edit

Post by chained_to_the_wind »

This has worked perfectly thank you.

If any readers also encounter this problem that the 2019 Four Weddings Blu-Ray looks great but the audio track has an echo in it! This solution has worked perfectly.

Note...
The only difference in timing between the 2019 video track and the 2014 video track is that the 2019 video track has 1 additional second of time of blank frames before when the lion roars and the movie starts. Thereon frame by frame, for the whole movie the timing is exactly the same. So to get the sync of that 1 second, in MKVToolNix on selecting each audio track is the Timestamp delay option to move the audio track relative to the video file. Enter in a delay of 1000 on audio tracks / subtitles , and "Star multiplexing" .....

So with 2 free software programs (MakeMKV and MKVToolNix - both of which are lossless programs which make files identical quality to the Blu-Rays), the result of this is the best release of this movie ever made in the whole world :)

Wonderful to see this movie perfect 5.1 sound with such a clear picture!

Thank you for your help in this.