Newer AACS?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Axehandler

Newer AACS?

Post by Axehandler »

I purchased "Sorcerers App." and "Knight and Day" today, both are giving me the error

This disc uses newer version of AACS protection. Please let us know about it by visiting http://www.makemkv.com/a/?2oi9p+RqfLG5zc...
(Which was submitted)

I tried to Backup the disk but get an error of ...

Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive

-
I assume (since both are related to AACS) that this is related to the 1st error, Both Movies are perfectly playable with PowerDvd 10, Just thought I would double check :)

Axe
greguva

Re: Newer AACS?

Post by greguva »

I get the same error with Sorcerer's Apprentice and with the original Fantasia (but not with Fantasia 2000). I also got it with Toy Story 3.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@Axehandler

Both the U.S. version of "Knight and Day" and the U.S. version of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" use AACS MKB v.19, which is handled properly by the Windows version of MakeMKV v.1.6.2, so I doubt that this is the cause of your problem (If your discs are also U.S. versions and you're using Windows). I had no difficulty processing "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" with MakeMKV.

On the other hand, MakeMKV v.1.6.2 (updated to include all .SVQs as of 5 minutes ago) was not able to process the BD+ aspect of that disc. (I've made a separate post about this and submitted a dump)...

Last edited by setarip_old on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@greguva

Hi!

Sounds like you either don't have the most recent SVQ file installed - or perhaps you don't have the most recent verson of MakeMKV installed (v.1.62)

Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

@setarip

Both version are the U.S. versions

Using 1.62 with .SVQ downloaded from http://www.makemkv.com/svq/dsall.svq?2 to sub folder SQV and pointing to that :P

There was one ODD thing thou.....

When I try to Backup the disk to the HardDrive I get like 40 errors then it starts working......

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - AUTHENTICATION FAILURE' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..00200740100720..0848CA7B6569E0EEFA1562A33B1CFD079B8 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
DEBUG: Code 0 at fLBN)<vU|CGW"Ib@@:213130743
DEBUG: Code 0 at z5G^D<>8ezO +Zu*{T:29394643
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'

--- Possiable drive / Driver issue?

Axe
Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

Sometimes it's amazing what unplugging and replugging / rebooting fixes... :)

File 00065.m2ts was added as title #37
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory E:/@BR Movies/The_Sorcerer's_Apprentice

Axe
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Glad to hear you resolved that - and the problem had nothing to do with MakeMKV ;>}

Now we're both on the same wavelength - No problem with "The Sorceror's Apprentice", but not able to process "Knight and Day" with v.1.6.2 and most recent .SVQ. (Again, I've submitted a "Dump" for "Knight and Day")

Chances are, by this same time tomorrow (at the latest) "mike admin" will have updated the SVQ to incorporate our version of "Knight and Day"..

setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Come to think of it, you should also submit your "Dump" from "Knight and Day", as it may well be different than mine...

Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

Of course I already did :)

Axe
greguva

Post by greguva »

setarip_old wrote:@greguva

Hi!

Sounds like you either don't have the most recent SVQ file installed - or perhaps you don't have the most recent verson of MakeMKV installed (v.1.62)

Doh!! I was working with v1.5.7 - 1.6.2 worked like a charm! :oops:

Thanks!
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Doh!! I was working with v1.5.7 - 1.6.2 worked like a charm!
Glad to hear it solved your problem - BUT, since these are BETA releases, you should make a point of using the most current version available, so that you don't have the author and others, chasing their tails looking for a non (or no longer) existing problem...

greguva

Post by greguva »

setarip_old wrote:Glad to hear it solved your problem - BUT, since these are BETA releases, you should make a point of using the most current version available, so that you don't have the author and others, chasing their tails looking for a non (or no longer) existing problem...

Aye aye, cap'n. I am properly chastened. My apologies.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@greguva

No harm, no foul ;>}