Lord of the Rings horrible audio rip

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
evileromega

Lord of the Rings horrible audio rip

Post by evileromega »

I am using a BU40N drive running 1.03 firmware and on makemkv 1.15.1 and 1.15.2, the extended trilogy blu ray will rip and the video appears fine, but the audio is very distorted. I tried ripping it with only english audio and subtitles, and again excluding nothing. Both attempts had distorted audio on both versions of makemkv.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
preserve

Re: Lord of the Rings horrible audio rip

Post by preserve »

If you didn't see any errors, MakeMKV will have copied the audio exactly as it is on the disc.

If you have authentic Blu-rays and they play fine in a normal Blu-ray player, then the issue may be with your playback software or settings.

I had no issues with the extended trilogy and have never had distorted audio on any rip.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
CT3B0

Re: Lord of the Rings horrible audio rip

Post by CT3B0 »

What are you using for the media playback? - When I recently copied the LOTR trilogy extended edition, I too noticed the audio wasn't right when playing on VLC media player. All the character dialogue was very quiet while background music and other sounds were loud.

I managed to find a fix on VLC by going to the top bar menu: Audio -> Stereo Mode then changing it from Original to Stereo.
Just checking there, whenever I open the files in VLC the audio is on Original by default.