Flash Gordon 40th Anniversary Edition

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Angryman

Flash Gordon 40th Anniversary Edition

Post by Angryman »

So this came out today and i grabbed a UK Blu-ray copy. My normal ripping PC'c drive just bombs out totally reporting numerous I/O errors. I've now got it in my main rig via the much slower USB drive and it is chugging along forever. It has got past stage one and is now attempting to process the titles albeit VERY slowly.
Something about this disc seems to cause PC drives a nightmare.

Update: after 25mins and only 15% of the disc processed I have given up for now.
hedcase

Re: Flash Gordon 40th Anniversary Edition

Post by hedcase »

I'm having issues as well. I do actually start the copy process but fails after about 30 minutes.
hedcase

Post by hedcase »

*Correction:

I was able to backup the disc first then rip from that image. Added another 15 minutes to the process but still worked.
jayb3369

Post by jayb3369 »

Same here. Failure to read disk. Tried to backup the disk, but that failed too. I assume i need to wait for the encryption key to be cracked and then update the software
preserve

Post by preserve »

If you're using the latest version, I'd recommend trying a previous version of MakeMKV.

Also of course check to make sure that the disc is perfectly clean.

Looking at certain sites confirm that there should be no issues backing up this title.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
pjarvi

Post by pjarvi »

I've got the 4K disc and having problems as well, can't get the disc to read despite it being spotless. So far I've managed to get it to recognize the disc once but it couldn't open it. Most of the times it spins for 5 minutes then stops saying "no disc".

Edit - Just tried ripping the regular Blu-ray as well and same issue. Either it's a mastering issue with all of the discs (highly unlikely for both the regular and 4K to have issues) or some new anti-piracy garbage that will hopefully get worked out with a future version of MakeMKV.

Edit #2 - I flashed my Asus drive with LG firmware and it ripped without issue.
jayb3369

Post by jayb3369 »

pjarvi wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:07 am

Edit #2 - I flashed my Asus drive with LG firmware and it ripped without issue.
I’m having the same issue with the same disk. I have the same set up with the same ASUS drive. Can you post a link to the software and firmware you used to crossflash?