Repository of tracklist info?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Joel B

Repository of tracklist info?

Post by Joel B »

Probably a newbie/naive question here. But I'm wondering if there's a better way to deal with ripping disks that have e.g. three separate English audio tracks (like one "normal", one descriptive audio, one isolated score) or three separate Finnish subtitle tracks (no idea what's up there).

I can often properly identify and name the tracks by playing the disk, seeing what its menu says is available, and trying out the different tracks to see what they look/sound like. But I'm hoping there's a better way.

This seems the sort of info that would be collected somewhere on the web -- which tracks are what, for disks that folks have already figured out -- but I haven't found it yet.
Woodstock

Re: Repository of tracklist info?

Post by Woodstock »

There are a number of issues with what you want. Starting with, "Who would be doing/hosting it?" You can look up the history of the CDDB and the recently-defunct Freedb to see what kind of problems there are with maintaining a publicly-available database.

Then there's how to populate it, given that there can be dozens or hundreds of versions of "Hunger Games", as an example. There wasn't that much variation in information on CDs.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging