DTS-HD MA Stereo comes in as reg DTS in Plex

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
kingdariocueto

DTS-HD MA Stereo comes in as reg DTS in Plex

Post by kingdariocueto »

I just ripped Peaky Blinders S01 using MakeMkv. I had the DTS-HD MA track selected (but not the core track selected fwiw). These tracks are stereo. When I go to play on my 2019 Nvidia Shield TV, it is appearing as regular DTS in the Plex playback info, not DTS-HD MA. I have plenty of other titles that have been ripped and playback in DTS-HD MA in Plex. Anyone know what's up with this? Does it have to do with something about it being stereo rather than 5.1?

EDIT: Issue resolved by selecting the core track as well as the hd ma track. Plex has issues playing back this file without a core track as well. Not sure if this applies to other titles/tracks (e.g. non-stereo tracks).
Digital moe

Re: DTS-HD MA Stereo comes in as reg DTS in Plex

Post by Digital moe »

Interesting I am finding that all the Shout Factory discs I have the stereo DTS HD MA track always plays back as DTS Neural X, I see this on both my Oppo 203 and Plex via the Shield. The AVR (Denon 2300) actually says that it is getting a DT HD MA track but the output signal is only DTS. If the disc has a 5.1 track and I pick that it will correctly indicate DTS HD.

I thought maybe my ACR has a issue with stereo DTS HD but there are discs from other companies where the track is played back properly. Anyone come across this before?