The Next Karate Kid - "Input parameter is incorrect (459)"

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
DrOct

The Next Karate Kid - "Input parameter is incorrect (459)"

Post by DrOct »

Hi,

I just bought this movie (The Next Karate Kid) and can't seem to get it to rip no matter what I try.

When it first reads the disc I get a whole bunch of them. Then when I try to rip the (one) title on it, I get:

Error 'Internal error - Input parameter is incorrect (459)' occurred while reading '/dev/rdisk12' at offset '23579211776'
udf: node fe/efe failed!
Unable to open file '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' in OS mode due to a bug in OS Kernel. This can be worked around, but read speed may be very slow.

It then spends a while working through ripping the title, and then at the end fails.

I've never had this kind of issue with a disc before. Any ideas what it could be? I've looked at it and it doesn't appear scratched or scuffed or dirty in any way.
DrOct

Re: The Next Karate Kid - "Input parameter is incorrect (459)"

Post by DrOct »

So a bit of follow up: For some reason it hadn't occurred to me initially to try different drives/players. I did (I have a few older Blu-Ray drives still sitting around) and it wouldn't work in any of them either, same problem. Then I tried it in the blu-ray player attached to my TV which has always been pretty well able to handle any disc I throw at it. It wouldn't play there either.

So I returned it and got a new copy today and... exact same thing. Won't play in my Blu-Ray player, won't rip in any of my drives. I figured one defective disc wasn't too surprising, but two? I don't see any reviews or anything mentioning this, but I now have two totally new copies of this disc that have been defective. It's really quite surprising.

I also noticed the bottom side of the discs (which I have cleaned) are a different color than most discs I've looked at. Instead of the blue-ish or silvery look of most BD's it's two different tones of a pretty dark grey. Very odd. If anyone has any insight into what might be happening or has any suggestions about what to do about it I'm all ears!
S.p.e.c.t.r.e.

Post by S.p.e.c.t.r.e. »

Any update on the UDF: node fe/efe failed error?
Joslyn5

Post by Joslyn5 »

If this is the one from Amazon.com I ordered it a few months back and tried it in all three of my drives multiple times but had no success. it looked like a bootleg copy as it was on a BD-R disc that is why the color is different from most retail disc also the disc label looks like crap and was lazy with just text on a high quality printable side so I returned it and bought it from Amazon.de which the disc looks like what I would normally see as a retail disc and was able to copy that one with no problem the first try