Wall-E commentary track

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Wayned

Wall-E commentary track

Post by Wayned »

I bought a copy of Wall-E & used MakeMKV to make a copy and then used HandBrake to create an MP4, I didn't see any errors. When I checked the video, I saw/heard a commentary on the audio. How do I select the audio track? I'm sure it's something obvious, etc.
This clown speaks for himself
Woodstock

Re: Wall-E commentary track

Post by Woodstock »

The default selection rules for MakeMKV can sometime confuse the Descriptive Audio and some commentary tracks for the movie main audio. I have found that the most effective way to deal with this is to have MakeMKV rip ALL audio tracks, and sort them out in VLC before running handbrake.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Wayned

Post by Wayned »

Thank you, I couldn't find any audio files directly, but I did start looking for big files (>250MB) and found the movie and shorts (MTS files?), and those had audio listed.
This clown speaks for himself
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Do you have a preferred language set?

When you have a language set, MakeMKV will normally only select audio/subtitle tracks that have that language set.

You can take a look at this topic for more information on manually manipulating track selections. If the images come up "broken", your browser is trying to prevent you from viewing non-HTTPS pages; right-click on them as select "view image", because the images are stored on one of my servers, not Mike's.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging