Michael Clayton UK edition

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
zinkbane

Michael Clayton UK edition

Post by zinkbane »

Hello,
As you might have guessed I'm having issues ripping this disc and I'm wondering if anyone else has succeeded? Or to put it in other words, is my copy or the pressing dodgy?

Here is what happens. My old bluray drive (ASUS BC12) sees the disc but gets nothing but errors from it (OS, scsi), my new (its more than a year old, I had lost the disc so I couldn't try it until now) drive (ASUS BW16) doesn't even see the disc. Of course it works fine in my PS4.

The id on the disc is "P9228 BDSE".

Cheers!
Last edited by zinkbane on Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: Michael Clayton UK edition

Post by Woodstock »

Have you cleaned it yet?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
zinkbane

Post by zinkbane »

Yes, the disc is cleaned.

I should clarify that it is not just MakeMKV that doesn't see the disc, windows doesn't see it either and the drive makes unhappy noises when you insert it. On the other hand my new drive has managed to rip some discs that the old one couldn't manage.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Windows being able to see the disk is one of the prerequisites for MakeMKV seeing it. And the drive recognizing it comes before Windows' recognition.

If it is recognizing other disks, especially other Blurays, it is most likely an issue with the disk itself.

Take a clean, SOFT cloth with some isopropyl alcohol on it, and make a couple of swipes with it from the center hub to the outside edge of the disk. You don't have to press hard.

Do you see any difference between the alcohol-cleaned area and the rest of the disk? If so, you still have a chemical residue on the disk that will affect its readability.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
zinkbane

Post by zinkbane »

I think I'll call this a dodgy disc. Cleaned it, with isopropyl, but I don't see any difference on the surface and it behaves the same in the drive.

Thanks for the help!