Watchmen, HBO correct playlist

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
thercrh

Watchmen, HBO correct playlist

Post by thercrh »

Has anyone teased out the correct playlists for the three disc release of HBO Watchmen?
The entire series is only 9 episodes and I'm getting 5 on each disc so there has to be some obfuscating going on.
Thanks in advance.
thercrh

Re: Watchmen, HBO correct playlist

Post by thercrh »

I just had a second look and noted that multiple playlists use the same segment list even though they rip to different sizes.
I'm going to assume that I can use either of the matching playlists.
Mmuiwdcwnc

Post by Mmuiwdcwnc »

How did this end up?
preserve

Post by preserve »

Wouldn’t expect obfuscation. Likely different versions for some reason, such as extended cuts, different audio done as separate playlists (commentary, or a separate playlist for Japanese), etc.

If there are different segments you should look at which segments are different and then check those segments specifically to see what the difference is.

You can also do a “dump” of the disc structure if you want someone who doesn’t have this series to take a closer look at it: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23959
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
stupidman

Post by stupidman »

The only difference in the 801/802/803 sequence and the 851/852/853 sequence looks like the subtitles/languages available - otherwise the video content is identical as far I can tell.