Issue Parsing UK Playlists

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
cipher

Issue Parsing UK Playlists

Post by cipher »

I just came across a new issue trying to remux another UK Blu-ray. This time it is Sweet Charity from Indicator.

This Blu-ray contains three cuts of the film and when loaded in MakeMKV there are three separate playlists (00100.mpls, 00101.mpls, 00102.mpls) for these cuts each containing DTS-HD MA 5.1 and DTS-HD MA 2.0 audio tracks. However, there are also commentaries included with this Blu-ray, but they are not included with the aforementioned playlists. Instead, they are only displayed in separate playlists (00007.mpls, 00008.mpls(1) & 00009.mpls(1)) as completely separate titles.

Interestingly, while CloneBD also shows this same issue, MKVTOOLNIX "merges" these commentary playlists into the three main playlists so the remux will included both DTS-HD MA tracks and the commentary tracks.

It seems like there is an issue correctly parsing the playlist on this disc and merging titles where intended by the Blu-ray. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Also, it may be related to this playlist parsing issue, I've previously reported on a different issue with Makemkv not being able to correctly parse some UK Blu-ray titles where it's including some non-film material at the start/end of the MKV - https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 089#p90089.
preserve

Re: Issue Parsing UK Playlists

Post by preserve »

cipher wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:45 am
However, there are also commentaries included with this Blu-ray, but they are not included with the aforementioned playlists. Instead ... as completely separate titles.

... different issue ... where it's including some non-film material at the start/end of the MKV - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22216&p=90089#p90089.
I’ve seen this before too with the commentaries, although I forget the titles now. I figured that’s just the way it was.

Re: the non-film material, have seen this here as well.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
cipher

Re: Issue Parsing UK Playlists

Post by cipher »

preserve wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:47 am
I’ve seen this before too with the commentaries, although I forget the titles now. I figured that’s just the way it was.

Re: the non-film material, have seen this here as well.
The playlist and possibly some additional files on the Blu-ray must contain the "instructions" on how to properly assemble the titles since Blu-ray players and software like Mkvtoolnix are currently doing this.

Also thank you for that other link as I hadn't come across that one before. I've been checking the affected titles with BDEdit to see what info they contain that may point to the underlying parsing issue and I did notice the In/Out timings that Moritz mentioned in that Github post. It looks like Mike is aware of the issue and hopefully this is still in the queue to be fixed since that post was from 2 years ago.