Not able to convert BluRay ISO image

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Rsge14

Not able to convert BluRay ISO image

Post by Rsge14 »

Hello,
I've got a few image files of some older BluRays, created via Daemon Tools in MDX format, that I now wanted to convert to MKV for easier access.
Seeing that I can't convert MDX directly, I used Daemon Tools to create an ISO from the MDX and tried opening it via MakeMKV.
It didn't work, giving the following error:

Code: Select all

The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
These were the errors that showed up in the log.txt:

002003:0000 Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (135)' occurred while reading 'F:/Temp/CAPTAIN_AMERICA_CIVIL_WAR.iso' at offset '1179648'
DEBUG: Code 117506183 at "-3g'LSG4y)fI{BUb}:29395195
DEBUG: Code 117506183 at "-3g'LSG4y)fI{BUb}:29393792
002003:0000 Error 'Internal error - Operation was cancelled (135)' occurred while reading 'F:/Temp/CAPTAIN_AMERICA_CIVIL_WAR.iso' at offset '1191936'
001012:0000 udf: 	node fe/efe failed!
I also tried what I read I shouldn't do, mounting both the MDX and the ISO via Daemon Tools and trying to convert these - of cause also not working:

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom2'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Lastly I also tried using just the Backup disc function with and without Decrypt video files checked, also without avail and throwing the same error as above.

Now the interesting thing for me is when trying to open said mounted BluRay via e.g. VLC it tells me I need AACS codecs to open it:

This Blu-ray Disc needs a library for AACS decoding, and your system does not have it.
Woodstock

Re: Not able to convert BluRay ISO image

Post by Woodstock »

There is information about the disk that is needed to decrypt it, but isn't present in the ISO (it comes from the drive that read it, as I understand the process). Search here for "discatt.dat" and check the messages written by "mike admin" for details.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging