Problem with video

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Cossa

Problem with video

Post by Cossa »

Hi,

I'm trying to record a Bluray i've bought yesterday (Corpse Bride). The thing is, i have ripped it with DVDFab because i want in to be less than 5GB.
When i try to make an mkv of this bluray, MakeMkv fail with this error :
Failed to decode audio/video data for title #0 - invalid mux or internal error, title skipped.
Title #00000.mpls was skipped
Failed to decode audio/video data for title #0 - invalid mux or internal error, title skipped.
Title #00000.m2ts was skipped
Failed to open disc

BTW, when i try to watch it from the .m2ts file, VLC does not display the video (black screen) but WMP does.

Have you any idea ?

PS : I already have recorded it in full size directly with makemkv without problem but it's the first time i have problem with bluray ripped by DVDFab.
setarip_old

Re: Problem with video

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Perhaps you should also post your question at the DVDFab forum...

Icetrips

Post by Icetrips »

Many version of DVDFab couldn't be trusted (since DVDFab 6 support Bluray).
Since they have integrate PS3, Xbox360, i*Stuff, DVDFab reencode stuff a wierdest way.

I could imagine DVDFab reencode your bluray to 5GB and resizing to 1440x800 or something like that.
800 is not Bluray Standard so you could imagine many problem in many way.

If you resize in standard 720p, you can't trust DVDFab for doing it a standard way.

I think MakeMkv doesn't do something bad. We just doesn't support unstandard WEIRD application like DVDFab.
MakeMKV registered
System: Windows 7 x64 SP1, LG WH10LS30
Playback Devices: Media Player Classic, Samsung DLNA
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Cossa wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to record a Bluray i've bought yesterday (Corpse Bride). The thing is, i have ripped it with DVDFab because i want in to be less than 5GB.
Since you're re-encoding the source anyway, there no real need to use MakeMKV (there are other apps that can take decrypted Blu-Ray input and can re-encode it to a 5 GB MKV file).

However, you may get better results by ripping with MakeMKV and re-encoding with other tools (e.g. HandBrake for the video and audio, mkvmerge and maybe BDSup2Sub or SupRip for subtitles) instead of using DVDFab.