James Bond A Quantum Of Solace & Avatar Collectors Edition

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Foxk211

James Bond A Quantum Of Solace & Avatar Collectors Edition

Post by Foxk211 »

Hello

Well Quantum of Solace and Avatar Extended Collectors Edition are Both AACS V12 / V19 & BD+ Protected

I can`t Stream them via VLC But Gnome Mplayer plays them on Stream but about 3 to 5 minutes has been played Makemkv Crashing with an Unknown error

i Have also I.Robot wich has AACS V7 & BD+ also Dont Play in Vlc but in Mplayer works the entire movie with no crashing

Probaly a BD+ Problem ?

John Rambo Bluray Plays in VLC But it only Has AACS and no BD+

I Prefer to stream with VLC because i can set the Proper Audio Language and Subtitles

The Crashing i have on 1.6.5 and 1.6.4

Heres The Handy Log For Quantum Of Solace
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MakeMKV v1.6.5 linux(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded 14 SVQ file(s)
Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00002.svq
BD+ code processed, got 1 FUT(s) for 1 clip(s)
Operation successfully completed

From Dumphd

DiscID : 6CA486A18C9953161CEB5D9E569B37ED3EE96AB5
MKBv:12
mike admin

Re: James Bond A Quantum Of Solace & Avatar Collectors Editi

Post by mike admin »

BD+ code tends to corrupt M2TS stream in a way that doesn't affect video playback but overwrites certain fields at transport stream level with garbage. That makes these titles problematic to stream to clients that expect a valid input.
BitJam2

Re: James Bond A Quantum Of Solace & Avatar Collectors Editi

Post by BitJam2 »

You mentioned Gnome so I'm assuming you're using Linux.

On Linux, I've tried streaming to VLC, SMPLayer, Mplayer, and XBMC. I almost always use XBMC now. It makes good use of VDPAU which allows my CPUs to loaf or do other things. It gives you control of audio and video channels. For me, the only advantage VLC has is that it is able to seek on the streams. AFAIK, none of the other players can do that. XBMC has a very handy "resume" feature that will resume playing a stream where you last stopped. I've even gone to the trouble to write a little Perl wrapper that makes makemkvcon stream different discs to different ports so every track on every disc is resumable.

I've had very mixed results with VLC. Some streams work fine and others don't. XBMC handles everything I throw at it except interlaced VC-1. It's a problem for every player because there is no 64-bit codec for VC-1 in Linux land. I was able to rip and transcode VC-1 videos which then play fine. I do the transcoding in a 32-bit chroot.