Very peculiar blu-ray problem

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
howdy

Very peculiar blu-ray problem

Post by howdy »

Very peculiar problem

I created a video slide show on a blu-ray disc in 2014 with ProShow Producer software (now out of business). My old Samsung Bd-e6500 blu-ray player would play the disc just fine. That old Samsung unit died so I got a new Sony player, but it will not play the disc. I updated the drivers, it would still not play the disc.

I then bought a newer (used) Samsung player since Samsung no longer makes new machines. That newer Samsung player wouldn't play the disc. I bought a new Panasonic, it won't play the disc. All 3 machines will play store bought blu-rays, but not the blu-ray disc that I created.

I know the disc is good because my old Samsung would play the disc and my computer can play it. Doing driver updates to these other machines hasn't helped. The people at Sony or Panasonic are of course, no help.

I don't want to hook my computer up to the TV and play it. I just want the blu-ray player, to play my blu-ray disc.

Why will this disc that I created not play? Being that I recorded it on a blank disc, there is no "region" code, but that said, I have not tried a region free player.

The video file (not the disc but downloading the file from the disc to the computer) will play with VLC, so I know the disc is good. I even burned another disc, but it won't play on any of the players either. I tried to convert the file on my computer with Any Video Converter from its native m2ts file to say an MP4 file, but AVC would not convert the file. I would be ok converting the file to perhaps a flashdrive so I could watch it on my TV that way. I know I could hook up my computer to the TV and watch it that way, but I don't want to do that.

Why will this disc not play in regular blu-ray players???
MartyMcNuts

Re: Very peculiar blu-ray problem

Post by MartyMcNuts »

howdy wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:18 pm
Very peculiar problem

I created a video slide show on a blu-ray disc in 2014 with ProShow Producer software (now out of business). My old Samsung Bd-e6500 blu-ray player would play the disc just fine. That old Samsung unit died so I got a new Sony player, but it will not play the disc. I updated the drivers, it would still not play the disc.

I then bought a newer (used) Samsung player since Samsung no longer makes new machines. That newer Samsung player wouldn't play the disc. I bought a new Panasonic, it won't play the disc. All 3 machines will play store bought blu-rays, but not the blu-ray disc that I created.

I know the disc is good because my old Samsung would play the disc and my computer can play it. Doing driver updates to these other machines hasn't helped. The people at Sony or Panasonic are of course, no help.

I don't want to hook my computer up to the TV and play it. I just want the blu-ray player, to play my blu-ray disc.

Why will this disc that I created not play? Being that I recorded it on a blank disc, there is no "region" code, but that said, I have not tried a region free player.

The video file (not the disc but downloading the file from the disc to the computer) will play with VLC, so I know the disc is good. I even burned another disc, but it won't play on any of the players either. I tried to convert the file on my computer with Any Video Converter from its native m2ts file to say an MP4 file, but AVC would not convert the file. I would be ok converting the file to perhaps a flashdrive so I could watch it on my TV that way. I know I could hook up my computer to the TV and watch it that way, but I don't want to do that.

Why will this disc not play in regular blu-ray players???
It would have something to do with the way you originally authored the disc. Try extracting the video files from it and authoring a new disc that uses the standard Blu-ray disc structure. I don't know what disc authoring software to use but something like Nero comes to mind. There may be some free BD authoring software available. Maybe try looking up Ashampoo?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com