BDMV encrypted question

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BDMV encrypted question

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

Is there a way to read normal standard Blu-ray BDMV that hasn't been decrypted through Backup?
I got a BDMV that is encrypted, when I load it on MakeMKV through index.bdmv, or make an ISO, it says, it cannot load,
(Blu-ray Error, This Disc seems to be encrypted)

I no longer have the original Blu-ray disc to make another decrypted Backup,
is there a way I can open the BDMV file to make a Backup or ISO?

MakeMKV also did save a zip file of .tgz can this help in anyway?
Radiocomms237

Re: BDMV encrypted question

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I believe that having the encrypted BDMV folder by itself is useless.

I'm certainly no expert but, I'm pretty sure that MakeMKV needs the full disc image (especially including the AACS folder) to decrypt a disc.

If the disc HAD been decrypted during the backup process then yes, the BDMV folder has the bulk of the data you need (although I'm not sure you would be able to play the disc image directly in VLC MP with only the BDMV folder)?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

Radiocomms237 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:06 am
I believe that having the encrypted BDMV folder by itself is useless.

I'm certainly no expert but, I'm pretty sure that MakeMKV needs the full disc image (especially including the AACS folder) to decrypt a disc.

If the disc HAD been decrypted during the backup process then yes, the BDMV folder has the bulk of the data you need (although I'm not sure you would be able to play the disc image directly in VLC MP with only the BDMV folder)?
The BDMV file comes with 3 Folders, BDMV, CERTIFICATE, AACS, but even if I load the file index.bdmv on MakeMKV, it doesn't load, I get (Blu-ray Error, This Disc seems to be encrypted) same thing happens if I make a ISO out of the BDMV. Also this doesn't have a discatt.dat file, which you suppose to have when you Backup on MakeMKV which opens up the BDMV

MakeMKV saved a file called, MKB_v70_MOVIE TITLE.tgz Do I have to email this to MakeMKV for a key to open the BDMV?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

The ISO you should make will have 3 folders in the root directory. AACS, BDMV and CERTIFICATE. Use Imgburn for that.
Then open that ISO with Makemkv. That should work unless that movie is not yet supported by Makemkv and it will create a file that you would have to send to svq@makemkv.com. You didn't mention which movie you like to decrypt. That would help as well.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

Coopervid wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:22 pm
The ISO you should make will have 3 folders in the root directory. AACS, BDMV and CERTIFICATE. Use Imgburn for that.
Then open that ISO with Makemkv. That should work unless that movie is not yet supported by Makemkv and it will create a file that you would have to send to svq@makemkv.com. You didn't mention which movie you like to decrypt. That would help as well.
I have the .tgz zip file that was saved by MakeMKV, when sending the file, do I send the whole zip file, or a certain file folder inside the zip file? Do you know how long it takes getting a reply back when sending the file?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

You sound like the Delphi oracle. Just be more straight what your issue is and with what movie. My crystal ball is quite small and dull.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

In your first post you said this was a "standard Blu-ray" (and we're in the "Blu-ray discs" sub-forum, not "UHD discs").

I thought that it was only UltraHD discs that generated a .tgz dump?

If it is an UltraHD disc then that changes everything. As @Coopervid says, could you give us more details on the "MOVIE TITLE"?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:17 pm
~ MakeMKV saved a file called, MKB_v70_MOVIE TITLE.tgz ~