3D Blu-Ray rip solution

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Sunoo

Re: 3D Blu-Ray rip solution

Post by Sunoo »

By default MakeMKV doesn’t rip the MVC track, so things rip as 2D. Did you change that?
ohseb

Post by ohseb »

Yes I do this with my 3D bluray collection to watch in VR and on my 3D TV - albeit not often enough.

Find the STEREO video option in MakeMKV, select this one and RIP it with one of the audio formats of your choice. For conversion later, its usually better to select the audio with less than 7 channels.

Then once RIP'd use an app called BD3D2MK3D which you can find on google. Be careful as some versions are packaged with malware. The official website has it and even that is recognised as having a dodgy code in it by some antivirus/malware detectors unnecessarily.
In this new app, open the MKV file and it will split the single video source to Side by Side video. This can then be watched in 3D with the side by side option selected on the projector/TV/VR headset software.
Sunoo

Post by Sunoo »

My post was originally a reply to someone else, but the original looks like it got deleted.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Sunoo wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:21 pm
My post was originally a reply to someone else, but the original looks like it got deleted.
yeah happens when op account is compromised or just a spammer reposting then going back and editing to put scam junk in there
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
dmdmmatt4

Post by dmdmmatt4 »

Sunoo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:34 pm
By default MakeMKV doesn’t rip the MVC track, so things rip as 2D. Did you change that?
I have to say I would like the option to change this default, too.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

dmdmmatt4 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:19 pm
I have to say I would like the option to change this default, too.
Enable 'Expert mode' to expose the 'Advanced' tab (Preferences > General tab > check 'Expert mode'

Changing default track selection

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),+sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang

or, maybe just remove '-sel:mvcvideo' from the default string? Experiment.
dmdmmatt4

Post by dmdmmatt4 »

Good call, "use the cli options, Luke"..
Thanks, I'll experiment.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

dmdmmatt4 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:50 pm
Good call, "use the cli options, Luke"..
Thanks, I'll experiment.
But you're modifying the default behavior of the GUI on the 'Advanced' tab > 'Default selection rule' string. Isn't that what you asked for?
dmdmmatt4

Post by dmdmmatt4 »

Yeah that's fine, I'm just saying that - in a manner of speaking - this is basically editing a conf file ("cli type stuff") that you just happen to do through the gui.