Northern Exposure- Fabulous Blu-ray problem

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Mylarkee

Northern Exposure- Fabulous Blu-ray problem

Post by Mylarkee »

After successfully ripping all the discs for this British company's release I found that all the discs still won't play because of wrong region issues. I selected the decrypt box and ripping goes off without a hitch. But when I playback the ISO the message that I have selected the won't region. I don't have a problem with any other blu-ray discs.

I am away from home and won't be back for a few days but hopefully someone also has this problem and can help.

Thanks
Sam
Mylarkee

Re: Northern Exposure- Fabulous Blu-ray problem

Post by Mylarkee »

I've just brought a new bluray drive (LG WH14NS40 with the latest available firmware (1.05)). I have the latest version of MakeMKV (1.17.6 registered). When I rip (for copy) in MakeMKV then create an ISO in Image Burn (2.5.8.0 - the latest version) the "decrypt video files" box is checked and the rip goes without any errors or extra messages of any kind. Also the ISO is created in Image Burn goes without incident. BUT, when I playback the ISO the message that I do not have the correct region selected appears (it will play if I change the player software to the correct region). Is there something I'm missing here? Is there a work around in the software that I'm missing?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Mylarkee wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:37 pm
I've just brought a new bluray drive (LG WH14NS40 with the latest available firmware (1.05)). I have the latest version of MakeMKV (1.17.6 registered). When I rip (for copy) in MakeMKV then create an ISO in Image Burn (2.5.8.0 - the latest version) the "decrypt video files" box is checked and the rip goes without any errors or extra messages of any kind. Also the ISO is created in Image Burn goes without incident. BUT, when I playback the ISO the message that I do not have the correct region selected appears (it will play if I change the player software to the correct region). Is there something I'm missing here? Is there a work around in the software that I'm missing?
2 things you can do 1 you did aleady
if you want full backups you would just need to do what you did change the software player region no big deal can be done unlimited times unlike a drive.
if you want just the movie then make a mkv and then all the region stuff will be gone as thats just a video file
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Mylarkee

Post by Mylarkee »

Thanks for your response. But I really prefer the ISO, it allows the best access to all the elements on the disc. I guess I didn't know that some blu-rays had such good encryption. I guess the extra step to change the region isn't that big of a deal.
Again thanks.