What do the three boxes for "Preference" of "Integration" do in MakeMKV?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mike_mgoblue

What do the three boxes for "Preference" of "Integration" do in MakeMKV?

Post by mike_mgoblue »

I installed the latest version of MakeMKV. And I am using a newer reinstalled version of VLC.

When I look at the MakeMKV "Preference" called "Integration" I saw three boxes that could potentially be checked. I don't remember these boxes being there in the past when I used MakeMKV. The first box said "System." The second box said "System 32." The third box said "VLC."

What do selecting these three checkboxes do? What are the advantages and disadvantages of checking these boxes or not checking these boxes?
MartyMcNuts

Re: What do the three boxes for "Preference" of "Integration" do in MakeMKV?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

mike_mgoblue wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:34 am
I installed the latest version of MakeMKV. And I am using a newer reinstalled version of VLC.

When I look at the MakeMKV "Preference" called "Integration" I saw three boxes that could potentially be checked. I don't remember these boxes being there in the past when I used MakeMKV. The first box said "System." The second box said "System 32." The third box said "VLC."

What do selecting these three checkboxes do? What are the advantages and disadvantages of checking these boxes or not checking these boxes?
If you check all of the boxes, you can use MakeMKV's integration with any compatible video player installed on the PC and use MakeMKV as the on-the-fly decrypter, allowing you to watch without decrypting or ripping first. If you only check the VLC box, then you can only use this feature with VLC.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com