AACS bus encryption

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mespi56923

Re: AACS bus encryption

Post by mespi56923 »

ok i'm lost in this new aacs encryption layer thing. i was able to rip previous blurays before, now those same blurays i am unable to rip. am i missing something?

DavidTigerFan wrote:Yeah, tried AnyDVD out in windows and it works great. Would really MakeMKV work for these drives.
Plecebo

Post by Plecebo »

I too have a brand new Samsung that is getting this error using version 1.6.10 of MakeMKV.

Code: Select all

Drive Information
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: TSSTcorp
Product: DVDWBD SH-B123L
Revision: SB04
Serial number: R8606GGB502237
Bus encryption flags: 1E
I too am interested in any estimates on how long it might take to get these drives usable. If it were a month or less I would keep the drive, if it were longer, I'd return it.

Also, i'd be interested in contributing to a fund if it would help this feature get coded faster :) PM me if that is an option.
mespi56923

Post by mespi56923 »

whats the progress on the new update to makemkv to allow ripping again? i want to backup my blurays but am unable to still which sucks. :-(
bassballboy

Post by bassballboy »

Disregard... I fixed my issue. It was my fault, not the software's. Still happy with my $50 donation for the software!
reebok

Post by reebok »

Plecebo wrote:I too have a brand new Samsung that is getting this error using version 1.6.10 of MakeMKV.

Drive Information
I too am interested in any estimates on how long it might take to get these drives usable. If it were a month or less I would keep the drive, if it were longer, I'd return it.

Also, i'd be interested in contributing to a fund if it would help this feature get coded faster :) PM me if that is an option.
I have a samsung SH-B123L by TSSTcorp that has never had a problem (except for a physcially damaged disc). I just ripped another bluray today and have done about 30 total.
xkalibur

Post by xkalibur »

reebok wrote:
Plecebo wrote:I too have a brand new Samsung that is getting this error using version 1.6.10 of MakeMKV.

Drive Information

I have a samsung SH-B123L by TSSTcorp that has never had a problem (except for a physcially damaged disc). I just ripped another bluray today and have done about 30 total.
And I have a brand new Samsung SH-B123L by TSSTcorp that I installed yesterday, that requires Bus Encryption :( These are definitely coming like this, now. Thankfully I've found a couple trial version of other commercial software that has been updated to support bus encryption, but I'm looking forward to using my favorite again (makemkv obviously) once it's updated...
2Cold4U

Post by 2Cold4U »

xkalibur wrote: And I have a brand new Samsung SH-B123L by TSSTcorp that I installed yesterday, that requires Bus Encryption :( These are definitely coming like this, now. Thankfully I've found a couple trial version of other commercial software that has been updated to support bus encryption, but I'm looking forward to using my favorite again (makemkv obviously) once it's updated...
I have the same drive that also requires the encryption. Found a list of VUKs on doom9 forums but it is not comprehensive (tried to rip the Harry Potter BR series with no luck). Which trial versions did you use? I too love MakeMKV but just looking for a bandaid for now until an update fixes the issue.

EDIT: Just saw there was a new release 1.6.12 -- anyone with this Samsung drive tested it? Does it cure the issue?
DavidTigerFan

Post by DavidTigerFan »

2Cold4U wrote:
xkalibur wrote: And I have a brand new Samsung SH-B123L by TSSTcorp that I installed yesterday, that requires Bus Encryption :( These are definitely coming like this, now. Thankfully I've found a couple trial version of other commercial software that has been updated to support bus encryption, but I'm looking forward to using my favorite again (makemkv obviously) once it's updated...
I have the same drive that also requires the encryption. Found a list of VUKs on doom9 forums but it is not comprehensive (tried to rip the Harry Potter BR series with no luck). Which trial versions did you use? I too love MakeMKV but just looking for a bandaid for now until an update fixes the issue.

EDIT: Just saw there was a new release 1.6.12 -- anyone with this Samsung drive tested it? Does it cure the issue?
I will try tonight with my samsung. ( I don't think it's the same model as yours)
mespi56923

Post by mespi56923 »

i just installed the new update and it did not bother opening my bluray of You Again. still says AAC bus encryption blah blah blah
2Cold4U

Post by 2Cold4U »

mespi56923 wrote:i just installed the new update and it did not bother opening my bluray of You Again. still says AAC bus encryption blah blah blah
Looks like back to trying to find a bandaid way to get my blurays to mkv until the next update then :(
mespi56923

Post by mespi56923 »

basically...i would be so pissed if i paid the 50bux and its been this long with no found update to makemkv...all i gotta do is just wait, there is no other option sadly.
xkalibur

Post by xkalibur »

2Cold4U wrote:

Pavtube ByteCopy has a Mac version is able to open my disks. As does Dvdfab and AnyDvd. It looks like they've been updated in the past month or so so I would presume (Hope) a fix for MakeMKV is on the way :-/
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

xkalibur wrote:Pavtube ByteCopy has a Mac version is able to open my disks. As does Dvdfab and AnyDvd. It looks like they've been updated in the past month or so so I would presume (Hope) a fix for MakeMKV is on the way :-/
This will be implemented in 3 weeks.
pratman2

Post by pratman2 »

I don't know man, I have a two and a half year old LG GGC-H20L, and about 2-3 months ago I started getting the same error messages. I have not updated the firmware on the drive since I bought it, and I have not updated windows in probably 8 months. I'm not so sure its only a few resent drives the manufacturers have put out that are having this AACS encryption problem.
xkalibur

Post by xkalibur »

mike admin wrote:This will be implemented in 3 weeks.
Woohoo! Great news. You rock, good sir.