most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by driv

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
annevejb

most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by driv

Post by annevejb »

Greetings

As a registered user of MakeMKV, order reference number: 8524281 I note the forum comments re the error message:

Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive

In my own case this happened when I upgraded my Phenom x2 3.3G to a x6 3.3. At first I thought it related to a firmware upgrade to my two Blu-ray drives, but the problem disappeared after changing back to the x2.

I had tried to play a new copy of Scream 4 on PowerDVD 9, no go. I could play DVDs and do other things on my machine, just no Blu-ray playback. I then tried copying the feature to my hard drive but MakeMKV could not manage it, either, and gave me an error message that I have seen several times on the forum.

The WIndows side of the machine is XP Pro sp2 on an Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and LG Blu-ray drives.
mike admin

Re: most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by

Post by mike admin »

This does look like a bug in MakeMKV. Please enable debug log in preferences and send the full log to support@makemkv.com
annevejb

Re: most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by

Post by annevejb »

Aaargh. It does appear to be a software problem.

The bios of my machine only supports the 1100T Phenom in the revisions after the one that came installed. I have now updated this. I have not checked this yet with a 1100T.

A couple of days later I came across a different problem, now also solved. I had found a nearly affordable, to me, copy of Spy Kids 4 blu-ray version and it does not run in Powerdvd9 OEM but could be translated by MakeMKV 1.7 despite it saying that it did not recognise the coding. Horror, horror, my bundled blu-ray player will not work with all modern disks and the current Powerdvd is expensive and does not get good reviews from its purchasers. At least MakeMKV allows a work-around solution. I am one of the few who really likes Spy Kids 4, aroma vision, so I am very grateful to MakeMKV.