No Country For Old Men

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Scrondar

No Country For Old Men

Post by Scrondar »

Hi- My first post, so please be kind :D

Tried ripping this BD title last night with the program (latest version) and it failed immediately. I'm not in front of my computer right now, so I can't provide an error code, but I wonder if anyone has succeeded with this disc. I'll try again tonight and post any other info that might be useful. Please reply if you've managed to get this title converted. Thanks!
setarip_old

Re: No Country For Old Men

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Absolutely no problem ripping this semi-ancient Blu-ray to either a "Full Disc" Blu-ray or "Movie only" .MKV...

Scrondar

Post by Scrondar »

Attached is the fail screen I get when the program begins to access the disc:

Any idea what's going on here? I also tried ripping this disc to .MKV with DVDfab, and it failed as well. :?:
celavey

Post by celavey »

You may also try to create a virtual disc from the physical disc you have and then create MKV right after from that virtual disc.
Scrondar

Post by Scrondar »

OK, I'll give that a try, thanks.. Just wondering if this disc has encryption or copy protection that prevents it from being ripped to MKV? I was able to rip it to an AVI file, which looks great, but I'd still like to get MakeMKV to work.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Just wondering if this disc has encryption or copy protection that prevents it from being ripped to MKV?
I guess you didn't read my first post to this thread very carefully...

Scrondar

Post by Scrondar »

I guess you didn't read my first post to this thread very carefully..
I guess I did. Too bad there was no useful information in it. :roll:

Don't bother responding if you have nothing to contribute. First rule of forum etiquette.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

When I posted:
Absolutely no problem ripping this semi-ancient Blu-ray to either a "Full Disc" Blu-ray or "Movie only" .MKV...
it means NO to your subsequent post where you state/ask:
Just wondering if this disc has encryption or copy protection that prevents it from being ripped to MKV?

efithian

Post by efithian »

This has LPCM lossless audio, which makes the disc impossible to copy. Uncheck that option and it works.
BlackDragon24

Post by BlackDragon24 »

efithian wrote:This has LPCM lossless audio, which makes the disc impossible to copy. Uncheck that option and it works.
:?:

I've copied many a disc with LPCM lossless audio.
IrishPrince

Post by IrishPrince »

efithian wrote:This has LPCM lossless audio, which makes the disc impossible to copy. Uncheck that option and it works.
That did the trick! I have copied quite a few Blu-ray discs with LPCM but this was the first that caused the disc to fail to copy. I bought the disc a week ago at BestBuy... I'm wondering if a new pressing did something to cause MakeMKV to have a problem with this disc?

Anyhoo, thanks for the tip!
-IP