forced subtitle issue solved

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
pfm555

Re: forced subtitle issue solved

Post by pfm555 »

Update:
As this is an ongoing effort i have had a new issue come up with some new Blurays just released and a one older one. While i checked for the default subtitle track with The Raven, Rock of Ages, and Goldfinger by using my external player i did not get any sub tracks that were checked to indicate the default track. Instead i get a drop down menu with the option to select ON and a list of the different language sub tracks. so i figured no default track so i would just convert without un-checking anything. All three movies played back with subtitles. Don't know what caused this but i went back and reconverted all three movies. This time i left the subtitle unchecked. All three movies play now without subtitles.
Chetwood

Re: forced subtitle issue solved

Post by Chetwood »

robpdotcom wrote:but if you want the subs to be identified by a filter that can pick out forced subs (such as the MPC-BE subtitle renderer), then you need to use BDSup2Sub on the Avatar subs.
OR a decent player like VLC that properly reads the flag from the MKV, or am I missing something here?
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch