Prometheus 3D

Everything related to Blu-ray 3D and 3D MKV files
mike admin

Prometheus 3D

Post by mike admin »

As you may have noticed, Prometheus uses a new generation of BD+ and is a first 3D disc ever protected by BD+. While SVQ files are updated for this disc, current version of MakeMKV can't handle 3D discs with BD+. Which means:
- You should be able to make a decrypted full-disc backup with current version of MakeMKV - 1.7.7
- You may be able to create a 2D MKV out this disc. This might or might not work and presently we have no means to verify.
- You won't be able to make a 3D MKV until new version of MakeMKV is available.

The next version should be available soon, thanks for the patience.
jrwalker4

Re: Prometheus 3D

Post by jrwalker4 »

Thanks for keeping us "in the loop" with feedback regarding this issue.
jrwalker4

Post by jrwalker4 »

mike admin wrote:- You should be able to make a decrypted full-disc backup with current version of MakeMKV - 1.7.7
- You may be able to create a 2D MKV out this disc. This might or might not work and presently we have no means to verify.
Confirm an ability to access, copy to MKV, view, and transcode PROMETHEUS 3D BD content as 2D at the "Title" level on my Mac system under Mountain Lion using MakeMKV v1.7.7.
masterbeta

Post by masterbeta »

confirmed - however, i just backed up and am now able to view the 3d file from the BDMV backup file created with v177 :)
i loaded the BDMV backup file (which is now decrypted) and it shows the 3d version - i will report back once i'm finished to see if it plays correctly :)

update:
i have successfully created an mk3d version, however, i do not have a device that supports mk3d playback sadly... so i cannot confirm actual 3d playback as of this posting

sorry that's no real help though i will post back again once i find something to play it
memorex mrx-800lu v2
osx 1082 i7
VAMET

Post by VAMET »

Dear Friends

I don't why, but when I watch my Prometheus 3D directly from BD everything is OK. I have created via MakeMKV a copy in .mkv with MVC from this BD and when I watch such movie in the same player and computer, my 3D effect is blurry/fuzzy and my eyes hurts.

I don't know, what is the problem. I have also Everest 3D BD and in such case everything is OK.

I would be glad for any help and support.

EDIT

OK, I know, what is wrong. There are some 3D BD movies like Prometheus, where the first eye is right and second is left. So, when MakeMKV is creating .mkv file with MVC content, it is doing Left/Right, but in this case it shoud do Right/Left. There are more movies with Right/Left eye order like Edge of Tomorrow. When I change in my TV an option Left/Right to Right/Left, my .mkv created from Prometheus 3D BD via MakeMKV is now displayed in proper way. Any chance to add fix to MakeMKV, to check which eye is first and then create .mkv with correct order?

Sincerely