Has anyone determinedProper Playlist for "Brave"?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
setarip_old

Has anyone determinedProper Playlist for "Brave"?

Post by setarip_old »

Has anyone determined the correct .MPLS (Playlist) for "movie-only" of Disney's "Brave" Blu-ray disc?

It is NOT listed at the AVS Forum BDInfo thread at:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1155731/new-u ... ons-thread

A VERY quick scan of the 112 .MPLS files seems to indicate 932.MPLS to be a likely candidate. Can anyone confirm or refute this, please?

EDIT - Both 932.MPLS and 800.MPLS appear to generate correct "movie-only" files. However, 800.MPLS appears to be padded (larger filesize than 932.MPLS) with multiple instances of false language references (audio and subtitle).

BTW 801.MPLS and 802.MPLS appear to be for those who would select either French or Spanish as language of choice at the very beginning of the disc...

If you discover that any of my suppositions and/or test results are incorrect, please post your findings to this thread.

pfm555

Re: Has anyone determinedProper Playlist for "Brave"?

Post by pfm555 »

i have the minimum title length (seconds) set to 3600 so i get three choices. the first one says it saves one title which is similar to others that i have converted. the second and third save 2 and three titles. what i have found is that they all save 2 titles, the main title which is the one i prefer because i have set it for true hd sound will not play. the second version is smaller in size and plays only dolby digital. it is also letterboxed as opposed to full screen. Pretty screwy.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

the second version is smaller in size and plays only dolby digital. it is also letterboxed as opposed to full screen. Pretty screwy.
Nothing screwy. I'm pretty sure these are PIP inserts together with reduced quality audio (Disney doesn't use DTSExpress audio for PIP)...

Thanks for reminding me about upwardly adjusting the minimum time ;>}

Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

What about your suggestion of ripping and finding the right playlist? Or are there too many playlists to try that with?

SC
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@Smithcraft

The link you provided points to a specific instance of joining a couple of known segments...

If not for the concept of increasing the mimum time, yes, 112 playlists would occupy a lot of time...

GFOviedo

Post by GFOviedo »

Correct play list is 800.mpls.

You will have two area where the audio gets dropped briefly with MKV files. I was not able to use ClownBD with Brave. I get an error with ea3cto, and it is unable to rip it. I had to rip it with MakeMKV, and like usual, audio drops in two specific area.

I am currently trying to use tsMuxer to make a M2TS file with HD and AC3 sound tracks.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Also, it might pay to wait a week or two and keep checking the last page of the AVS BDInfo thread, as Brave was posted on the 20th of November.

SC
DoubleSpeed

Post by DoubleSpeed »

Also having issues with BRAVE, trying to put a copy on my media centre and it has converted however it's joined serveral chapters together into the wrong order and it repeats some anyone sussed it out as yet?
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

GFOviedo wrote:Correct play list is 800.mpls.

You will have two area where the audio gets dropped briefly with MKV files. I was not able to use ClownBD with Brave. I get an error with ea3cto, and it is unable to rip it. I had to rip it with MakeMKV, and like usual, audio drops in two specific area.

I am currently trying to use tsMuxer to make a M2TS file with HD and AC3 sound tracks.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1155731/new-u ... t_22609473

SC
NJPhillips01

Post by NJPhillips01 »

So, do we have an answer here yet? Audio drops out? If MakeMKV cant actually Make an MKV, then what do we use for this title? Any way to get it into Plex that works... without out of order chapters, or audio dropouts? I am trying it right now with mpls 800, and right off MakeMKV says:

Code: Select all

Saving 1 titles into directory C:/MKV Rips/Brave (2012)
AV synchronization issues were found in file 'C:/MKV Rips/Brave (2012)/Brave_t09.mkv' (title #10)
AV sync issue in stream 2,3,4,5 at 0:00:44.586 with duration of 21.791ms : encountered overlapping frame, audio skew is +21.791ms
AV sync issue in stream 2,3,4,5 at 0:01:12.864 with duration of 9.75ms : encountered overlapping frame, audio skew is +31.541ms
AV sync issue in stream 2,3,4,5 at 0:04:15.338 with duration of 22.041ms : encountered overlapping frame, audio skew is +53.583ms
AV sync issue in stream 2,3,4,5 at 0:04:15.392 with duration of 32ms : 1 frame(s) dropped to reduce audio skew to +21.583ms
NJPhillips01

Post by NJPhillips01 »

On further reflection, is there a post somewhere that lists all of the DVDs and BRs that MakeMKV CANNOT "Make into MKVs?" For example, off the top of my head I have had problems with
  • several Star Wars BR's
  • Jurasic Park BR
  • Matilda DVD
  • BRAVE BR
  • Harry Potter 7 Pt1 BR
When viewing in PLEX, XBMX, MPC-HC, and others they just STOP playing at the same frame. I have reported this on other posts, but no luck yet... is this common? If so, maybe a sticky with known "bad" disks...
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The Matilda DVD doesn't work with MakeMKV? Very strange.... I guess I didn't rip it to my video server 4 months ago... That must be some other movie!

:)

Actually, the only disks that I've seen Mike NOT get working are ones that he hasn't gotten sufficient data on.

How do the movies play when viewed with VLC on your computer? Do they stop at the same place?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
heksesang

Post by heksesang »

NJPhillips01 wrote:On further reflection, is there a post somewhere that lists all of the DVDs and BRs that MakeMKV CANNOT "Make into MKVs?" For example, off the top of my head I have had problems with
  • several Star Wars BR's
  • Jurasic Park BR
  • Matilda DVD
  • BRAVE BR
  • Harry Potter 7 Pt1 BR
When viewing in PLEX, XBMX, MPC-HC, and others they just STOP playing at the same frame. I have reported this on other posts, but no luck yet... is this common? If so, maybe a sticky with known "bad" disks...
I had no issues ripping the Brave blu-ray.
audiopimp

Post by audiopimp »

I can confirm it for the UK Blu-ray that it''s
Source File Name 800 .mpls
Segment Map 952,953,954,955,956,1020,958,959

The others are Spanish, Italian, Catalan and Portuguese.
The differences are with the credits, and a dedication to Steve Jobs written in the various languages.
Sorry it took so long to confirm.