Trouble ripping Blue Rays - yes my discs are clean !!

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
rjbthor

Trouble ripping Blue Rays - yes my discs are clean !!

Post by rjbthor »

I am converting my library to MKV and have done a few Buleray back up, but most 99% of them give me this error. Is it me doing something or does MakeMKV not support it? What typically happens is it acts like it is converting just like normal, then at the end I get this error

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts' at offset '17969381376'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts' at offset '17969510400'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts' at offset '17969510400'
Failed to save title 0 to file E:/MKV3/title00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

I have windows & with 32 gigs of ram. I am ripping to solid state HD and have the king mother of all intel processors. I have a 4 drives all different make to deal with differences in ripping. My BR 1 drive is a liteon the other is an LG. I have back up'd 700+ movies with these flawless. I love makemkv. I purchased the license. Any help would be great.
Woodstock

Re: Trouble ripping Blue Rays - yes my discs are clean !!

Post by Woodstock »

Do you have any software installed to play BD on Windows?

I had a similar problem until I removed the Cyberlink BD drivers. A lot of problems (not just MakeMKV) cleared up after it was uninstalled!
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Have you tried using EACH of your 4 drives to rip the same Blu-ray discs?
rjbthor

Post by rjbthor »

I have tried them all on 2 different systems. Just seems odd. I can rip them with xilisoft buleray, but I love the quality of makemkv. Also just completed backing up BRave non blue ray and it ripped just out of order.

I do not have cyberpower on the older rig. I do on the power rig. Is there a better player that I can d/l.

Thanks for responses. I have 400 blue ray to back up, but I am few days out from getting to it. I need to finish my old dvd collection first.

Thanks
HolgiB

Post by HolgiB »

rjbthor,

it is hardly understandable that MakeMKV fails on every(!) BD with the named error message. At least not if something is completely wrong with your system(s).
One pattern which matches my experiences so far is the fact that another application seem to work though.

If I was in your position, I would simply try another BD ripper. There are several out there such as AnyDVD HD or the DVDFab stuff.

As far as I have seen this Xilisoft stuff only rips while doing conversion. By using something like AnyDVD you could copy the BDs unencrypted over to your HDD and convert them to MKV via MakeMKV.

HTH,
Holger
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@HolgiB

Hi!
If I was in your position, I would simply try another BD ripper.

As I and others have been reminded from time to time, this Forum is for beta testing of MakeMKV, not for finding other ways to rip Blu-rays or DVDs...