skipping/jumping chapters. please help

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
DaveQ

Re: skipping/jumping chapters. please help

Post by DaveQ »

liamgunslinger wrote:so basically find the title with the right running time and that's it?
Not necessarily. It is possible for a title to have the correct running time but still be the wrong title. Look for the correct title number and then confirm the running time matches. In the example linked above (for the U.S. retail version) you'd look for title 665. The run time is just used as a kind of sanity check. If you find the right title number but the run time doesn't match then maybe you have a different edition of the disc than you thought you did.

Dave
KENSAI

Post by KENSAI »

What a huge pain in the ass this is when it does happen...makes watching movies hellish. It seems to happen 1 in 4 times for me, so it's more common than it seems. I wonder if there's some programmatic way to detect the right track?
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Rumor has it, that AnyDVD HD determines the correct track.

SC
KENSAI

Post by KENSAI »

Smithcraft wrote:Rumor has it, that AnyDVD HD determines the correct track.
Hrm, interesting! I used to be a huge fan of AnyDVD, and Slysoft in general, but last year they seemed to just give up - their Blu-ray ripping/converting program had been in development forever, with no sign of release, and they had no other software released or even significant updates to any of their apps. I wouldn't have found MakeMKV if Slysoft had been delivering solutions to me as a customer.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

AnyDVD HD keeps getting updated, and that's fine with me.

SC
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@jasondunn
Hi!
Although I don't always see things the way the folks at SlySoft do, suffice it to say that they "do what they do" as well or better than of their competitors. Their handling of the JAVA aspects of many Blu-rays is, at times, nothing short of remarkable.

While Mike and MakeMKV have done, and continue to do a great job with creativity (MKVs, DVDs, streaming, non-JAVA Blu-rays etc.) and wonderful responsiveness and, of course, crossplatform capabilities, that should in no way be viewed as detracting from the first class worthiness of AnyDVD/AnyDVD-HD in its own right.

And let's not forget about "fengtao" and the "We did it first" folks of DVDFab notoriety ;>}

Each of these publishers/authors provide us with valuable tools in our efforts to make backup copies of our purchased discs/media.
KENSAI

Post by KENSAI »

Smithcraft wrote:AnyDVD HD keeps getting updated, and that's fine with me.
I'm curious, what do you use it for personally? I haven't installed it again since using MakeMKV, since I haven't found a better tool to rip Blu-ray discs to MKV that I then feed into Handbrake to get an MP4 from...
KENSAI

Post by KENSAI »

setarip_old wrote:While Mike and MakeMKV have done, and continue to do a great job with creativity (MKVs, DVDs, streaming, non-JAVA Blu-rays etc.) and wonderful responsiveness and, of course, crossplatform capabilities, that should in no way be viewed as detracting from the first class worthiness of AnyDVD/AnyDVD-HD in its own right...Each of these publishers/authors provide us with valuable tools in our efforts to make backup copies of our purchased discs/media.
Oh, I definitely meant no slight to SlySoft and have deep respect for their technical chops - but they lost me as a customer when they stopped providing the kinds of products I needed. I remember a few years ago someone associated with the company had posted in the forums they couldn't see the scenario where a "gigantic" Blu-ray file would need to be shrunk to be playable on a mobile device. They short-sightedly couldn't see that mobile devices would one day have 1080p displays; my HTC One has the same resolution as my 65" Panasonic TV! They stopped innovating and delivering software that I wanted to buy. If they ever release CloneDVD MobileHD, I'll happily try it out...
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

jasondunn wrote:
Smithcraft wrote:AnyDVD HD keeps getting updated, and that's fine with me.
I'm curious, what do you use it for personally? I haven't installed it again since using MakeMKV, since I haven't found a better tool to rip Blu-ray discs to MKV that I then feed into Handbrake to get an MP4 from...
Sometimes it's useful to have AnyDVD HD in my toolset. One example might be to remove the DRM on the fly so I can play something in VLC. There is the odd occasion where MakeMKV has issues with a new disc, and I can rip it with AnyDVD HD.

Plus, I bought a lifetime subscription for it back before that became expensive, and before I found out about MakeMKV. :mrgreen:

SC