Black Hawk Down is split into 2 titles...

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
animal

Black Hawk Down is split into 2 titles...

Post by animal »

I am trying to rip the blu-ray movie Black Hawk down. MakeMKV 1.8.1 splits the movie up into 2 titles...it looks like each title is about 1/2 of the movie. I have never seen this before. As a result, I have no way to get the entire movie into a single title. Is this a bug? Can I combine the titles with MKVmerge?
hogger129

Re: Black Hawk Down is split into 2 titles...

Post by hogger129 »

yeah mkvmergegui will put them into one mkv title.
animal

Post by animal »

Ok, thanks, I am working on that right now...does this happen alot or is this isolated to this particular movie?
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Depends on how discs are mastered. I've only come across something like that once, with Bridge On The River Kwai.

SC
animal

Post by animal »

Mkvmerge successfully put it back together-with a catch of course. Now all the chapters are gone.
paulster

Post by paulster »

Renumber the chapters in the second file before the merge and they'll come through intact. It doesn't create duplicate chapter names, which is the problem you're seeing
animal

Post by animal »

No go on the chapter numbering. The 2 individual MKV files don't have any chapters at all. I tested the files with VLC, powerDVD, and MKVmerge chapter editor. It said "no chapters found". It looks like this is one Blu-ray that MakeMKV is not able to handle. (FYI..I own the normal retail version of the movie, UPC 043396150232). I am out of ideas here...I guess I will just deal with it with no chapters until a new version of MakeMKV is released? Thanks everyone for your help. :(
paulster

Post by paulster »

Weird. I have both the DVD and the Blu-ray of Black Hawk Down and both ripped with no problems. As one title and with chapters. Clearly there's more than one version or you've found a new bug in MakeMKV.
animal

Post by animal »

Yea, this has the look and feel of a new bug. I was really on a roll..I ripped 16 of my blu-rays perfectly with 1.8.1 and this jumped up and bit me...I am sure the MakeMKV team will figure it out in short order. Overall the software has been great minus this one issue.
animal

Post by animal »

FALSE ALARM....This appears to be 100% my fault. The title is now there in its entirety...for some reason I missed it. It is also broken up into 2 separate titles as well. It is possible that it wasn't there yesterday and a clean reboot and re-start of MakeMKV fixed this today....I just don't know for sure. Anyway, I am elated it is working again!
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

It couldn't possibly be an HD-DVD you're ripping, could it?
animal

Post by animal »

no, standard blu-ray.