Spartacus Vengeance - Discs 1 and 3

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mrdamour

Spartacus Vengeance - Discs 1 and 3

Post by mrdamour »

Has anyone had a problem ripping these discs? Disc 2 was fine for me but 1 and 3 gave me this error:

Error 'Scsi error - STATUS_05' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..00200740100720..092E2DADEDC3E71B29EEC351291D278F809 to device 'IoKit:IOBDServices:dc71a6e0444a1d8e:ASUS BW-12D1S-U 1.20'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'IoKit:IOBDServices:dc71a6e0444a1d8e:ASUS BW-12D1S-U 1.20'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks for your help!
Woodstock

Re: Spartacus Vengeance - Discs 1 and 3

Post by Woodstock »

A more complete log would help, including the version of MakeMKV being used. If you do not have logging enabled, see the link in my signature for how to turn it on.

Key exchange problems are often a case where the AACS the drive has seen is newer than your version MakeMKV. But, the fact that you can rip one disk out of a set of three would discount that idea, because all three should have the same AACS version.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
threeeyedtoad

Post by threeeyedtoad »

I've also encountered difficulties ripping disc 1 (haven't gotten to try the others yet). Log attached.

From reading around on the forums, it seems that the hardware error reported could be due to AACS revocation for my drive (Pioneer BDR 207DBK). Would downgrading to an older version of MakeMKV possible resolve this issue?
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Key revocation means all older versions of MakeMKV would fail, too.
threeeyedtoad

Post by threeeyedtoad »

Thanks for the confirmation, Woodstock. I assume the log doesn't provide insight into what's going wrong, other than potential scratched/defective/dirty disc?

Has anyone experienced difficulties ripping with the BDR 207? Would a firmware upgrade possibly help things along? (I know I'm not on the latest...)
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:441E' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' at offset '97056768'
While Mike would be able to give some guidance on what the debug codes mean, this is the key... The operating system encountered an error reading the disk. If it can't read a sector, the problem is considered terminal for a rip, because the file will be incomplete.

This is different from key exchange errors, which are usually software-related.
Plexus One

Post by Plexus One »

I just recently started to rip these and I got everything done with the exception of Disc 2 with s01e06 - Delicate Things. This is very odd.

Mind you, it's right up there with Alias (television series). My friend was having problems with an episode or two along with myself - same episode(s). Had another friend who I knew kept his discs at a decent temperature so borrowed his and it worked. No idea if environment is the reason or not for Delicate Things...
jdcollie

Post by jdcollie »

So I've been trying to get these blurays to work and it says that the AACS version is newer. However it states the disk is Version 43.
And it makes a failure log that's attached. I'm not sure how to get around this as this is the first time Ive ever had an AACS problem on older media. I've tried with Easefab as well and it also fails to load the disk. I'm not sure what is going on since I'm up to date on on MKV program at version 76.
Appreciate any thoughts on this.
Attachments
MKB_v43_Spartacus-_Blood_and_Sand_-_Season_1_(Disc_1)_F558.tgz
(169.46 KiB) Downloaded 95 times