Audio/Video Synch

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jbanks

Audio/Video Synch

Post by jbanks »

I have run into a problem with one BR disk that I have ripped with MakeMKV. It is a two movie box, with 2 disks. One works fine but the second one, Where Eagles Dare, loses the audio/video synch as the movie plays, and the gap gets rapidly wider as the movie plays. If you stop the movie, backup a little, and restart it is back in synch, but only for a minute or so, then it starts getting out of synch again. No other blu-ray or dvd for that matter displays this idiosyncratic behavior. Any ideas? Thank you.
setarip_old

Re: Audio/Video Synch

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Are you doing a "movie-only" rip or a "full disc" rip of the second disc? Do both versions of the problematic disc ("movie-only" or "full disc") exhibit the same behavior...
jbanks

Post by jbanks »

I got the new version and I will rip using both methods.
Thanks
jbanks

Post by jbanks »

Installed new version 1.8.4 and it says when I try to use it that the trial period has expired. How do I get around this problem.
Thank you
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Temporary fix until Mike updates the beta key, set your system date to July 29 and restart MakeMKV. After it is running, you can restore the date to current.

That will let you run the test with 1.8.4.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jbanks

Post by jbanks »

Now that I have everything working again, I need to ask a stupid question. Is there some command for movie only and complete rip? I think I tried everything and could not find any such commands so I am just doing a complete rip (everything checked) and just the movie, of which there are two versions.
jbanks

Post by jbanks »

Well, I did a full rip and just a rip of the movie. Both had the same problem of the video getting ahead of the audio. In addition, the new version of MakeMKV does not break down and identify the files the way the previous version did. As a result, I have subtitles and don't want them.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Most important, please enable expert mode in preferences, and then on advanced tab enable "log A?V sync issues" and "log debig messages" on general tab. The Convert the title again, and see if any messages show up.