Error trying to convert Bluy Ray

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
elwoodblues

Error trying to convert Bluy Ray

Post by elwoodblues »

Makemkv popped up and said my version was too old and download the latest.

So I did and now I get this
MakeMKV v1.8.4 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
AACS directory not present, assuming unencrypted disc
Evaluation period has expired, shareware functionality unavailable.
Failed to open disc
What's going on?
Woodstock

Re: Error trying to convert Bluy Ray

Post by Woodstock »

http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Version 1.8.4 has been out long enough that the beta key has expired. The most current one will always be at the above link. The new one may not be up yet, but it should be soon.

You can also set your system date back a few days when you start MakeMKV, but that's a pain. Or, you can buy a permanent key, like a lot of us have, and never worry about that again.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
elwoodblues

Post by elwoodblues »

Possibly but it says it expires on the 17th of September so that should be an issue.
As for a permanent key, I haven't got the 70 right now, too many other expenses in life.
elwoodblues

Post by elwoodblues »

So now we're at v 1.85
And I get the same error message

Explain that one to me please.
Enceladus

Post by Enceladus »

I am having the same problem. I have the current version, newly installed.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Have you tried inserting the key from message referenced above? It is possible that there was a copy of MakeMKV running when you did the install, which prevented the registry from being updated properly with the new key.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
voip-ninja

Post by voip-ninja »

elwoodblues wrote:Possibly but it says it expires on the 17th of September so that should be an issue.
As for a permanent key, I haven't got the 70 right now, too many other expenses in life.
Beta keys will continue to expire periodically, which is typical for beta software. If this is inconvenient to you then consider registering the software which has probably earned its weight in gold for you (and most others).... (insert snarky comment about people using MakeMKV to make backups of discs they don't own).

Also as pointed out there is a beta key available that you should be able to manually put in if for some reason the software is giving you a license error, but historically it has been per release.
elwoodblues

Post by elwoodblues »

Woodstock wrote:Have you tried inserting the key from message referenced above? It is possible that there was a copy of MakeMKV running when you did the install, which prevented the registry from being updated properly with the new key.

I must have missed that completely, yes it works with that key.
Thanks
elwoodblues

Post by elwoodblues »

voip-ninja wrote:
elwoodblues wrote:Possibly but it says it expires on the 17th of September so that should be an issue.
Beta keys will continue to expire periodically, which is typical for beta software. If this is inconvenient to you then consider registering the software which has probably earned its weight in gold for you (and most others).... (insert snarky comment about people using MakeMKV to make backups of discs they don't own).

Also as pointed out there is a beta key available that you should be able to manually put in if for some reason the software is giving you a license error, but historically it has been per release.
I agree it's weight in gold, I just don't have the $70 to spend right now. That said I found a workaround, if MakeMKV was no longer available to me.