Problems ripping There Will Be Blood

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
nmmyhre

Problems ripping There Will Be Blood

Post by nmmyhre »

When trying to rip There Will Be Blood, I get the following error:

Saving 1 titles into directory F:/Video/THERE_WILLBE_BLOOD
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' at offset '24948633600'
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts' at offset '24948633600'
Failed to save title 0 to file F:/Video/THERE_WILLBE_BLOOD/title00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

The title has trouble playing on my computer as well, but plays just fine on a normal blu-ray player. I've been able to play and rip other titles on my computer before and since trying to rip There Will Be Blood. The disc looks ok too.

Any suggestions?
Woodstock

Re: Problems ripping There Will Be Blood

Post by Woodstock »

Your drive can't read the disk. A BD player is programmed to skip bad sectors, but ripping software (and many computer players) require all sectors to be readable.

If this is a new disk, you should get it replaced. If it is an old one, try cleaning and/or waxing it, then attempt the rip again. Choice of cleaner and wax is important, to avoid ones that can attack the disk. My preference is Pledge furniture wax in the pump bottle, because it does not contain any petroleum products.

Which reminds me, I still need to find a replacement bottle... I'm almost out. I'm leery of the aerosol cans, because the principle propellant is usually a problem.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
nmmyhre

Re: Problems ripping There Will Be Blood

Post by nmmyhre »

I'll have to get it replaced then! Thanks for the tips too about fixing bad discs.

Much appreciated, thanks for the help!