RoboCop (remastered edition)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
tylergfoster

RoboCop (remastered edition)

Post by tylergfoster »

Best Buy stores have just put out a new edition of RoboCop, remastered at 4K for MGM's 90th. The disc contains some new form of BD+ that MakeMKV can't crack. A few days ago, someone else using MakeMKV reported on Blu-Ray.com that the program wouldn't even work (at least, that's my understanding of what he was saying). I got it to output an MKV, but the picture is distorted, much like watching scrambled cable. Please let me know if there is some internal report or data I can post here from the program.
Woodstock

Re: RoboCop (remastered edition)

Post by Woodstock »

During the rip, you should have seen an error message about the BD+ not generating any FUT (fix up tables). It would have given the path to a tgz file that needs to be sent to svq@makemkv.com.

Once that is done, Mike can dig out his BD Magic Wand (tm) and create an SVQ file to allow MakeMKV to decode the BD+.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
tylergfoster

Post by tylergfoster »

Woodstock wrote:During the rip, you should have seen an error message about the BD+ not generating any FUT (fix up tables). It would have given the path to a tgz file that needs to be sent to svq@makemkv.com.

Once that is done, Mike can dig out his BD Magic Wand (tm) and create an SVQ file to allow MakeMKV to decode the BD+.
Is the tgz file accessible now, or should I rip the disc again?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Not yet, should take a few more days.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

tylergfoster wrote:Is the tgz file accessible now, or should I rip the disc again?
The tgz file should probably still be on your system, but the location might be hard to find; the log gives the full path. So, ripping again will display the warning message AND give the path to the tgz file.

But, reading Mike's message, he may already have what he needs from someone else. Your option to wait or rip again.
frank22

Post by frank22 »

Thinking about getting Robocop 4K. Did a google search for Robocop 4k+makemkv and this is the thread that turned up.

Are there any updates to this issue, can I safely rip robocop 4k now or should I wait until Everything is in order?

Thanks
frank22

Post by frank22 »

Bluray will arrive next week.

Any news on update?

Thanks
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Its done a while ago. Should work fine.
frank22

Post by frank22 »

mike admin wrote:Its done a while ago. Should work fine.
Thanks man, much appreciated :)
donmelton

Post by donmelton »

I just got my remastered "RoboCop" today (after Amazon lost it during shipping) and I can confirm that MakeMKV 1.8.7 rips it perfectly with the "FLAC" profile.

Seriously, it's the best the film has ever looked.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

mike admin wrote:Its done a while ago. Should work fine.
Just received my UK version of the new Robocop disc, and 1.8.7 won't rip it without severe artifacting in the finished MKV.

Does this presumably have a different FUT than the US disc which 1.8.7 has been confirmed as being able to rip correctly?

I can provide the dump_RoboCop_7BB86601DD82F266.tgz file if required.

Thanks in advance.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

always provide the file. send it to support at makemkv dot com
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

crowfax wrote:always provide the file. send it to support at makemkv dot com
Emailed the tgz file (50mb, had to rar-split it into two emails!) through on Tuesday night.

How long does an SVQ file usually take to prepare?

Thanks in advance.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Time to SVQ varies with Mike's work load... Try ripping it in the afternoon of the next few days, and it will probably work suddenly. SVQs do not have to be manually downloaded, if you leave the MakeMKV setting to "automatic". When one appears for your disk, it will be picked up and applied.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Woodstock wrote:Time to SVQ varies with Mike's work load... Try ripping it in the afternoon of the next few days, and it will probably work suddenly. SVQs do not have to be manually downloaded, if you leave the MakeMKV setting to "automatic". When one appears for your disk, it will be picked up and applied.
Looks like a I had a setting wrong in the UI. "General" - "Allow contacting webserver for updates" was unticked (is that usually off by default?)

Turned it on the and the software downloaded new updates and there was no FUT error after the disc was scanned. Rip in progress!

EDIT: Rip worked perfectly! Thanks for everyone's help!