Fanny and Alexander - director's TV version

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
captain

Fanny and Alexander - director's TV version

Post by captain »

MakeMKV says all 8 tracks ripped successfully. What it fails to mention is that the main movie tracks were ripped WITHOUT AN AUDIO TRACK! Yep, none at all. The disc ostensibly has both Swedish and English. The non-movie tracks ripped with their audio tracks. It seems like MakeMKV might have told me that something went awry. I'll try ripping again, and see how it goes, but thought I'd post an error report, in case anyone else has this same problem.

PS: FYI, the "TV version" is actually Bergman's preferred version. It is over 5hrs long, vs. ~3hrs for the theatre version! :-)
mike admin

Re: Fanny and Alexander - director's TV version

Post by mike admin »

I will have to ask for a lengthy step - please do this for a silent title - /onlinehelp/testdump.html
captain

Re: Fanny and Alexander - director's TV version

Post by captain »

My apologies for being a dumbass. For whatever reason, neither of the *Swedish* audio channels got automatically selected, and I'm so used to ALL the audio channels getting auto-selected that I didn't bother to check. I re-ripped the disc, manually selected both audio channels, and all is fine. Lesson learned, I guess, always *verify* that what you want to rip is selected by MakeMKV, and manually select it if it isn't.

I guess the only constructive comment I can make is to suggest that there be an option "if my primary language audio is not available, at least rip SOME audio track--and or pop up a dialog saying NO AUDIO CHANNELS SELECTED" ;-)