Catching Fire

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jrwalker4

Re: Catching Fire

Post by jrwalker4 »

warlocktfc wrote: One other thing I noticed is that you say that 0778's second segment is 512 but my second 0778's second segment is 507. I got mine at Target but you got your's on Amazon. We both have the same UPC but I wonder if there is some slight difference.
Other MakeMKV forum on Catching Fire is also reporting multiple alternate numbered playlists having correct segment order for the same UPC reference. Looks like the manufacturer may have produced the BDs in batches with random or pattern varied file names for "correct" playlist just to confuse things.
Terasaka

Post by Terasaka »

I agree. I think there are randomly generated CD's. 461 worked well for me though. I'd start there for Redbox users.
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

Terasaka wrote:I agree. I think there are randomly generated CD's. 461 worked well for me though. I'd start there for Redbox users.
I ripped this stream. Problem is, it doesn't appear that any of the streams have the dts-HD audio track. Anyone know why?
jrwalker4

Post by jrwalker4 »

Batiatus wrote: I ripped this stream. Problem is, it doesn't appear that any of the streams have the dts-HD audio track. Anyone know why?
Just checked my MKV file and backup "disc playlist analysis" copy (which I have yet to delete). Both contain DTS and AC3 streams from commercial disc. Are you ripping a rental or purchased content?
truckerCLOCK

Post by truckerCLOCK »

Just tried a Redbox disc and see no 461. It has 459, 467, 474, 489. MakeMKV shows primary title as 785. ???
Batiatus

Post by Batiatus »

jrwalker4 wrote:
Batiatus wrote: I ripped this stream. Problem is, it doesn't appear that any of the streams have the dts-HD audio track. Anyone know why?
Just checked my MKV file and backup "disc playlist analysis" copy (which I have yet to delete). Both contain DTS and AC3 streams from commercial disc. Are you ripping a rental or purchased content?
The Redbox disc with the dts-HD logo on the label. The only dts-HD streams I can find aren't on any of the 'main titles'.
averylinden

Post by averylinden »

Batiatus wrote:
Terasaka wrote:I agree. I think there are randomly generated CD's. 461 worked well for me though. I'd start there for Redbox users.
I ripped this stream. Problem is, it doesn't appear that any of the streams have the dts-HD audio track. Anyone know why?
Lionsgate studio is pretty well-known for not including lossless audio on their rental discs.
McWetty

Post by McWetty »

warlocktfc wrote:
ok, so even more confusing. It looks like 795 is the one that works for me. The segment map for my 795 is:

I'm ripping this stream from the Best Buy Steelbook. I'll let you know how it goes in a few.

UPDATE: The rip worked without any errors on 0778 using the segment map you listed. I'll watch the movie soon and look for chapter skipping.
KaldrinX

Post by KaldrinX »

I found AnyDVD HD showed me the track that my particular disc reports to generic players. I didn't watch it all, but it doesn't seem to skip at the places the several I tried before skipped at.