Copy Protection Key Exchange Failure

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Woodstock

Re: Copy Protection Key Exchange Failure

Post by Woodstock »

Generally speaking, I'd say no you would not have to send files in if the disk processed cleanly.

However, if you successfully rip a disk that someone else can't, Mike probably would want both your TGZ and the one that failed, to see if it is different.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
gellis

Post by gellis »

demo6 wrote:I'm not a 100% percent sure what you're looking for so I attached the complete output. The PC is a Lenovo IdeaCentre D400 - one of the devices is some kind of recovery flash drive. Just in case you're wondering. When it was still running Windows Home Server 2011 it ran MakeMKV perfectly - exact same hardware.

the attachment didn't work ->
Thanks, so yours is USB too.....I was hoping it would have the same underlying controller as mine.....

I think this is worth getting Mike to look into......I dont know how many USB drives are affected....
bimbi

Post by bimbi »

Same problem with an USB Firstcom drive. Works unter Windows7 fine, but under linux not.
jonandtice

Post by jonandtice »

I was having the exact same issue as the OP on Linux with an external usb 3.0 blu-ray drive. Ripping stopped working even though I don't think the AACS version was higher than 1.9.0 was supposed to handle. Last night I updated to 1.9.1 and it still didn't want to rip anything. So I rebooted my computer and turned the blu-ray drive off and back on. Now everything works. So I'm not sure if it was the update, the power cycle or the combination thereof but I'm back in business.
xubuser

Post by xubuser »

Hey guys. Is there any solution for this problem? I have the same issue with an USB 3.0 device.
Found out that combining Linux with this USB 3.0 controller is the problem.
I'm using MakeMKV 9.1.5 -x64
Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

I ran into this problem, I upgraded to Makemkv 1.9.5 and that resolved it for me in Windows 8.1

I ripped Mall Cop 2 and Get Hard, but When I tried Insurgent I started getting those errors, when I renamed the "Get Hard" backup folder and tried to rip it again I got the same error, so It seems in my case (I'm guessing as upgrading allowed the rip), Insurgent used a newer version of AACS and revoked the old key for Makemkv.

Axe
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

What version AACS is being reported for Insurgent? Check your MakeMKV data folder (location set in your preferences) for file names that start with MKV_v, which will show the highest version of AACS encountered, and the name of the disk that had it.
Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

MKB_v47_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles
MKB_v50_FURY
MKB_v53_The_Wedding_Ringer
MKB_v54_INSURGENT

Well, in my case - I'll assume v54 :)

Axe
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Very strange, because v54 was addressed with the 1.9.4 release, and up through v56 with the 1.9.5 release. I have only encounted v53 so far myself.

The debug log from the failed rip might help. I'd also suggest sending the MKB_v54_INSURGENT.tgz file to Mike at svq@makemkv.com for him to examine. If it's too big for your mail provider to handle, you could use one of the services like "drop box" to put it online, and email the link to Mike.
Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

The file is all of 15KB - most mail programs allow multiple megabytes these days.
I'll send in the file - but since it's already resolved with 1.9.5... not sure the benefits of it :?:

Axe
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I read your message and took away that Insurgent was still a problem for you.... If it isn't, then no, you don't need to send the file.

I've seen other people complain that email won't take the tgz files, which is why I suggest emailing a link if it doesn't work.