"on the fly decryption software is enabled" ???

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mblatchford

"on the fly decryption software is enabled" ???

Post by mblatchford »

I have had consistent success with MakeMKV ripping my blu rays, but I just came across an error message I had never seen before and don't find when ripping any other discs. I just bought a single disc copy of Thor: The Dark World and when I attempt to convert to an MKV, a message box pops up suggesting I have 3rd party "on the fly decryption software enabled". The board won't accept attachments so the message body is as follows:

"It appears that you have on-the-fly decryption software enabled. MakeMKV should process discs with the most sophisticated protections without help of any 3rd party decryption software. In addition MakeMKV works faster and more reliably when it decrypts data by itself. It is highly recommended to disable such software and restart the application. Do you want to continue anyway (errors may follow)?"

I'm not aware of any other decryption working simultaneously with MakeMKV. I am running 1.8.10 of MakeMKV on a Macbook Pro running 10.9.2 with an Asus external blu ray reader. After no luck solving the issue, I swapped to my Win7 machine. I ran 1.8.10 here and tried with both the external Asus drive and when that failed, the internal Asus drive that is part of my windows build. I can't think of any processes that would be occurring cross platform, cross hardware that prevent me from ripping this disc. I just went through 3 other blu ray movies I purchased without trouble both before and after getting this error message on Thor: The Dark World. It seems movie specific. If I ignore the message I get errors in the file structure with no titles more than 2GB. Any thoughts?
PaulCB

Re: "on the fly decryption software is enabled" ???

Post by PaulCB »

This is a message you get when you have something like AnyDVD running (though I've used makemkv a number of times w/ anydvd still running and didn't have any issues).
Assuming you don't have anything like that running, the only thing I'd recommend is uninstalling, reboot, download and reinstall the latest version of makemkv. (and make sure your disc is clean of course).
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

AnyDVD is not available for OS X, so I doubt that is the problem.

SC
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Smithcraft wrote:AnyDVD is not available for OS X, so I doubt that is the problem.
Well, the message really means that the disc was decrypted by AnyDVD, and not necessary that AnyDVD is running. There are plenty of pirated discs that are processed by AnyDVD, so it could be the case.
mblatchford

Post by mblatchford »

I have yet to find a solution and am trying to rent a copy of Thor: Dark World since my personal owed one is giving me fits. To clarify, like Smithcraft said there is no way on OS X for it to be AnyDVD. I don't have it and its not a pirated disc, it was commercially bought like all the others I own. If a second copy rips fine then I just will shelve the problem because I would have my digital backup. I can only think to maybe downgrade to an older copy of MakeMKV and see if the same error occurs. The only thing I know is installed on my system is VLC's libdvdcss for Handbrake usage but that doesn't deal with blu rays so I'm still at a loss for the message.