1.8.12 / Error ripping disc

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
TheShoe

1.8.12 / Error ripping disc

Post by TheShoe »

With 1.8.12 (OS X), I can't rip Meet the Robinsons. I'm ripping main title only and packaging the LPCM stream inside FLAC.

Here's the debug output:

DEBUG: Code 0 at "/&bmDDWu>ooaC-_d<Ck:121268535
DEBUG: Code 0 at n&0`;S-]sxo!]!G:121264717
DEBUG: Code 65536 at osF)[Os|'G@D nudEQ:121264280
DEBUG: Code 0 at osF)[Os|'G@D nudEQ:213134469
DEBUG: Code 0 at osF)[Os|'G@D nudEQ:121267914
DEBUG: Code 0 at osF)[Os|'G@D nudEQ:213136792
Woodstock

Re: 1.8.12 / Error ripping disc

Post by Woodstock »

Did it say that the rip failed?

MakeMKV will report when it has to invoke a work-around by giving debug codes. If it doesn't say that the rip failed, the debug codes are just noise... But, if it fails, they're important to Mike in that they indicate what things have already been tried.

The FAQ linked in my signature says what you need to send to support@makemkv.com. He may request that you do a testdump run, which he will explain how to do if he needs it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
wsmeyer

Post by wsmeyer »

There was a thread earlier today with four people, including myself, complaining about the same problem with 1.8.12. For whatever reason the thread was deleted.

I just went back to 1.8.11 and no more problems.
Ravik

Post by Ravik »

It's the LPCM audio track. Had a similar problem ripping one of my own videos that had this on it. Ripped everything else just fine except for the main track0, which has a DD 5.1 track and an LPCM track. I've ripped LPCM in the past with no problem, so I took a quick look at the 1.8.12 change log and saw that some updates to the LPCM code was made in this release. When I unchecked the LPCM box, the video began ripping just fine afterwards.

Hope that helps.
Ravik
Gronnie

Post by Gronnie »

Ravik wrote:It's the LPCM audio track. Had a similar problem ripping one of my own videos that had this on it. Ripped everything else just fine except for the main track0, which has a DD 5.1 track and an LPCM track. I've ripped LPCM in the past with no problem, so I took a quick look at the 1.8.12 change log and saw that some updates to the LPCM code was made in this release. When I unchecked the LPCM box, the video began ripping just fine afterwards.

Hope that helps.
Ravik
OMG, awesome. This solved my problems!

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8185
Warrzone

Post by Warrzone »

wsmeyer wrote:There was a thread earlier today with four people, including myself, complaining about the same problem with 1.8.12. For whatever reason the thread was deleted.

I just went back to 1.8.11 and no more problems.
Yeah for some reason, the mods deleted my thread. I guess they don't like it when you suggest people go back to an old version. I tried to link the MakeMKV page where you download all the old versions, and that is when the thread was deleted.

Anyway, I got instant fails with 1.8.12 without any explanation codes. I reinstalled 1.8.11, and now everything is working again. If it says your version is too old, try updating the registration key.
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

Yeah - the rip failed.

Unfortunately I don't have any other hi-rez track other than LPCM on this movie so I'll need to go back to 1.8.11 I guess.