John Wick Blu-ray - European Release

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
ppoulos

John Wick Blu-ray - European Release

Post by ppoulos »

Does anyone know the correct .mpls track for the John Wick blu-ray? Just like in Expendables 3 there is over a 100 playlist all with about the same time. I own a MAC so prior discussions using a PC do not help me determine the correct .mpls file. Thanks.
dvu0704

Re: John Wick Blu-ray - European Release

Post by dvu0704 »

The correct Playlist is: 00589.mpls

You will have to use alternative tool to extract it, MakeMKV will skip that playlist automatically.

Title 00589.mpls is equal to title 00019.mpls and was skipped
Ronin22222

Post by Ronin22222 »

dvu0704 wrote:The correct Playlist is: 00589.mpls

You will have to use alternative tool to extract it, MakeMKV will skip that playlist automatically.

Well, if it's equal then doesn't it mean that 19 + 589 are the same? What did you use to determine the right track?

Anyway, a workaround for this is to backup the bluray to your pc, then delete all playlists except for 00589.mpls and point makeMKV to your backup folder. Works fine that way without using other tools
ppoulos

Post by ppoulos »

I used 00019.mpls (rather than 000589.mpls) with MakeMKV, and the MKV file outputted seems identical to the Blu-ray Disc played through my Oppo player. Thanks for the info.
mplsboywonder

Post by mplsboywonder »

ppoulos wrote:I used 00019.mpls (rather than 00589.mpls) with MakeMKV, and the MKV file outputted seems identical to the Blu-ray Disc played through my Oppo player. Thanks for the info.
Just heads up that 00019.mpls is NOT the playlist you want. If you watch at 4:04 it jumps a scene, and Keeanu will suddenly be sitting in his Mustang. I am still wondering how to go about makemkv skipping the playlist that I want. It has NEVER happened to me. Backup is greyed out so I do not have that option:(

It's using Playlist Obfuscation as many other Lionsgate releases. You just need to know which playlist to use and in this case it's 00589.mpls as stated previously. But Makemkv skips this track because it is equal to 00019.mpls

frack!!!!
Assmonkey

Post by Assmonkey »

mplsboywonder wrote:
ppoulos wrote:I used 00019.mpls (rather than 00589.mpls) with MakeMKV, and the MKV file outputted seems identical to the Blu-ray Disc played through my Oppo player. Thanks for the info.
Just heads up that 00019.mpls is NOT the playlist you want. If you watch at 4:04 it jumps a scene, and Keeanu will suddenly be sitting in his Mustang. I am still wondering how to go about makemkv skipping the playlist that I want. It has NEVER happened to me. Backup is greyed out so I do not have that option:(

It's using Playlist Obfuscation as many other Lionsgate releases. You just need to know which playlist to use and in this case it's 00589.mpls as stated previously. But Makemkv skips this track because it is equal to 00019.mpls

frack!!!!
00019 is the exact same playlist as 00589. I even did a MD5 comparison and they are identical. This means 00019 can't be wrong if 00589 is right. Either they are both wrong or they are both right.
watchy

Post by watchy »

Isn't there any software we can just play the movie in and look at what playlist its playing?
dvu0704

Post by dvu0704 »

I normally use MeGUI to extract my BluRay, then encode it from there. I tested most of other playlists, none of them work past chapter #1, the scenes jump or skip during the first chapter. Playlist 00589.mpls worked perfectly fine.

I used other method mentioned above by deleted all other playlists, accepted playlist 00589.mpls, and I was be able to use MakeMVK to extract this bluray.

for others that want to play it directly from the bluray, try to delete all other playlists, maybe it will play. I did not test this, it's something you would want try?
ppoulos

Post by ppoulos »

I just made two separate "John Wick.MKV" copies using MakeMKV and playlists 00019.mpls and 00589.mpls. I then compared both copies for the "skipped" scene previously mentioned at 4:04 into the movie. Both copies were IDENTICAL at 4:04 into the movie. I then ran the actual Blu-ray disc on my OPPO player and again the scenes at 4:04 into the movie were IDENTICAL to the 2 MKV files I made with differing playlists using MakeMKV. Am I missing something, or is there another skipped scene I need to check?
Assmonkey

Post by Assmonkey »

I didn't notice any skips either.
mplsboywonder

Post by mplsboywonder »

Thanks for the clarification! I checked last night as well, and they are both identical. I appreciate everyones direction. This community has helped a bunch already.
zoxxo

Post by zoxxo »

Ronin22222 wrote:
dvu0704 wrote:The correct Playlist is: 00589.mpls

Well, if it's equal then doesn't it mean that 19 + 589 are the same? What did you use to determine the right track?

Anyway, a workaround for this is to backup the bluray to your pc, then delete all playlists except for 00589.mpls and point makeMKV to your backup folder. Works fine that way without using other tools
I'm curious, I've been using MakeMKV for a while, but is it easy to delete the playlists from the back-up? Is it all done through MakeMKV? I love learning new things and tools, so inquiring minds want to know!
robertpetry

Post by robertpetry »

I used MakeMKV to pull 589 only and it worked great. Watched it and it seems to be perfect.
RedOne82

Post by RedOne82 »

I use AnyDVD HD to clear protection and HandBreak to rip. When a playlist is not available through HandBreak, I copy the whole BR to a folder on the hard drive. Then analyze the folder holding the movie, that would open up skipped playlists.
Peer.Gynt

Post by Peer.Gynt »

to anyone trying to get the right playlist on the german BD:

the movie played 1:41:50 with 17 chapters on my standalone player

the only matching was 00549.mpls with segment map: 172,163,165,168,167,166,170,164,161,174

just watching the result and looks good so far...