John Wick True Audio problem

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
barrygordon

John Wick True Audio problem

Post by barrygordon »

Has anybody successfully ripped Any version of John Wick and gotten a good TrueHD track? I am unable to do so. I have tried various files (MPLS's) with the result always being the same. The TrueHD when selected as the track to use on my player always has major audio dropouts.

I am doing a rip right now with debugging turned on and will send that to the support staff. This is the only disk out of my whole collection that is giving me an issue. It is also the only disk that supposedly has an "Atmos" track, although that does not show up on the Makemkv information under the titles. I have tried the file withe several different players all of which have the same result when playing the TrueHD track.
Dazkine

Re: John Wick True Audio problem

Post by Dazkine »

Well TrueHD Atmos makes trouble on some Players for example VLC. Try Kodi/XBMC or use an AVR with passthrough the Audiotrack from you player.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

One option is to transcode TrueHD->FLAC with MakeMKV. You will loose the Atmos data, but you still will get a lossless track, likely with "hickkups" removed.
barrygordon

Post by barrygordon »

The trans-coding sounds reasonable, but how do I do that? And if it appears as a flac track Will my player still recognize it as true HD ? I believe my Player can handle flac as most of my music is encoded that way, but what will happen with the AVP when it gets the HDMI feed from the player. Not a Big issue as I can always just use the 5.1 digital. I am however concerned about future releases.

When I rip can I instruct Makemkv to do the digital 5.1 but not the TrueHD?

TIA,

Barry