Since upgrading to 1.9.3, unable to backup Blu-Ray discs

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
nvinen

Since upgrading to 1.9.3, unable to backup Blu-Ray discs

Post by nvinen »

Hi,

I backed up around 50 discs using earlier versions (1.9.2, 1.9.1, 1.9.0). Now with 1.9.3, back-ups of new discs freeze after about 30 seconds and just sit there forever (hours). Pressing the stop button does nothing. I have to kill the program.

OS is 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04. I am able to save MKVs from these discs fine.

Disc #1, successfully saved main title to an MKV but when I try to back up the entire disc, it gets stuck copying the following file: /MAKEMKV/AACS/CPSUnit00002.cci
Disc #2, successfully saved main title to an MKV but when I try to back up the entire disc, it gets stuck copying the following file: /MAKEMKV/AACS/ContentRevocation.lst
Disc #3, successfully saved main title to an MKV but when I try to back up the entire disc, it gets stuck copying the following file: /MAKEMKV/AACS/DUPLICATE/ContentHash001.tbl
etc.

I don't think my system has changed since I was successfully using 1.9.2 so is this a regression?

Thanks.
bluman

Re: Since upgrading to 1.9.3, unable to backup Blu-Ray discs

Post by bluman »

I have the same problem since 1.9.3
dbbrass

Post by dbbrass »

Ditto. Same problem with Windows 7 Pro (all updates installed) and makemkv 1.93. Problem didn't exist with 1.92.
pfc9769

Post by pfc9769 »

Same issue here. I reverted back to version 1.9.2 and the backup feature works again. It seems to get stuck on the BDJO items. I was able to create a remuxed version of the BluRay using 1.9.3 by going into the treeview of the BluRay and selecting the video stream, audio, and subtitles manually. However, doing a full backup to disk fails. I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
MZAdotcom

Post by MZAdotcom »

Wanted to chime in that since upgrading to ver1.9.3, was not able to rip multiple BRD's. In all instances, the program would just hang, for hours if I let it. Cancelling/terminating the process would do nothing. Only way to kill it was with Task Manager.

Went back to ver1.9.2 from the link below and everything's normal again.

Older versions of MakeMKV: http://www.makemkv.com/download/old/

Cheers.
@HTPC: Intel NUC HTPC [BOXDN2820FYKH0] | Plextor 128GB SIII SSD | G.SKILL 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM | Win 10 Pro | SAMSUNG 55" LED HDTV | Harman/Kardon 5.1 AV Receiver [AVR 1565] | Dolby TrueHD | DTS-MA HD | Polk Audio 5.1 Home Theater System w/10" SW
dbbrass

Post by dbbrass »

Ditto again. That's the same file that hangs in my attempts to backup as well.
ThePie

Post by ThePie »

Yep same bug for me as well. I reverted to 1.9.2 but I'm having a issue that I just opened a thread for.
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9259
bridaw

Post by bridaw »

I'm also having problems since upgrading to 1.9.3. Is there a place where I can download 1.9.2?
backspace

Post by backspace »

bridaw wrote:I'm also having problems since upgrading to 1.9.3. Is there a place where I can download 1.9.2?
I downgraded (with success) to v1.9.2, which is available from here: [http://www.makemkv.com/download/old/].
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You should always hang onto the install files... :)

That said, /download/old/
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging