BD+ code processed but no FUTs were obtained, Lost In Space

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
blandishment

BD+ code processed but no FUTs were obtained, Lost In Space

Post by blandishment »

'BD+ code processed but no FUTs were obtained, errors may follow' is displayed when processing Discs from the newly released Lost In Space Blu-Ray discs. MakeMKV rips the titles but the resultant files either do not play, or skip, or display assorted video artifacts.

Using MakeMKV v1.9.5 win(x64-release)

Any help would be appreciated
Woodstock

Re: BD+ code processed but no FUTs were obtained, Lost In Sp

Post by Woodstock »

When this happened, MakeMKV should have created a file for you to send to svq@makemkv.com , so that Mike can analyze it. The log would show the path, usually in your MakeMKV data directory (Preferences->General).

After you send the file to Mike, make sure you have "Allow contacting web server for updates" checked (same menu), so that when Mike gets to the file, it will automatically pull the information in. Just try the rip every couple of days.

(Mike doesn't always acknowledge those emails, but usually has an SVQ file up within the week)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
blandishment

Post by blandishment »

Thanks much, I have done what you instructed, and again thanks.
tbuick6

Post by tbuick6 »

I have also submitted a log, so hopefully this will be addressed soon. Strangely, I was able to rip a perfect quality copy of the "Condemned of Space" Widescreen and 5.1 audio episode found on the bonus Disc of Season 3. It looks and sounds incredible!
blandishment

Post by blandishment »

Where the ripped disc's video does not stutter or have visual artifacts the quality is excellent! Since I envision watching these countless times going down the road my plan was to just use the discs the one with MakeMKV and then add the videos to my Plex Media Server.
tbuick6

Post by tbuick6 »

Just upgraded to 1.96 in hopes this error would be eliminated with the new release. Unfortunately, makemkv continues to be a no go with the Lost in Space blu ray collection :-( Here's hoping a fix comes soon. and thanks Mike for all your dedication to the development of this great software.
rhardy1958

Post by rhardy1958 »

I encountered the same errors using MakeMKV for mac v1.9.6, both the dump file and logs were emailed with a description of the problem with the mkv videos. I too would hate to have to open any one of the 18 disks in Fox's convoluted packaging each and every time I wanted to watch an episode,
blandishment

Post by blandishment »

I had initially posted about this issue over two weeks ago; I was hoping for a fix by now.
RokkoRokko

Post by RokkoRokko »

Hi
Same problem
awaiting solution

I have noted the extras don't suffer this problem, just the main episodes
rhardy1958

Post by rhardy1958 »

Was hoping MakeMKV for mac v1.9.7 that just came out would have the fix for this but the results are the same, will await re-try release 1.9.8 and beyond. Thank you,
RokkoRokko

Post by RokkoRokko »

Has anyone heard anything about whats needed to rip the LIS Disks.

I rip all my disks to Hard Drive for easy viewing and use the discs as backup archive as too easy to damage and I like "Grazing" as in I often pick an episode to watch a certain scene or effect etc...

Waiting patiently for this fix
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

1.9.7 CAN handle this discs, but we need BD+ dumps. Because this is a new generation of BD+, dumps from 1.9.5 were useless. We need dumps from 1.9.6+. There are two options:

1. send the dump generated by 1.9.6+ , and then send the second dump when requested
OR
2. send the dump from any version AND six files from BDSVM directory (00000.svm to 00005.svm). If you already sent the dump, there is no need to send it again, just the SVM files.

Once we receive either 1 (two dumps from 1.9.6+ ) or 2 (dump and SVM files), SVQ will be posted shortly.

The path (2) is faster, but requires sending 120MB of data.
rhardy1958

Post by rhardy1958 »

I just sent a dump from lost in space disk 3 using 1.9.7 via email, a dump from 1.9.6 on disk 1 was sent last week. Thank you very much.
tbuick6

Post by tbuick6 »

I just sent a dump of Season 1 Disc 1 created from 1.9.7.
RokkoRokko

Post by RokkoRokko »

How are we going with the LIS Disc fix?

Would I be right in assuming once the fix has been sorted, all we have toi do is have MakeMKV read the disk as normal and it will auto-grab the data from the net, or is there something we have to do manually?