BD+ code processed but no FUTs were obtained, Lost In Space

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
tbuick6

Re: BD+ code processed but no FUTs were obtained, Lost In Sp

Post by tbuick6 »

I sent an email to svq@makemkv.com that contains a onedrive link to the svm files of disc 1. The files were too big to attach to an email. Hope this will help the process.
decadentdave

Post by decadentdave »

Just created an account because I have this exact same problem trying to rip Lost In Space season 1 Disc 1. It gives me BD+ error and when I rip the titles and play them back the video is macroblocking and corrupted. I tried creating a disc ISO to my hard drive using Aurora Blu-ray copy but when I try to open the disc in MakeMKV it gives me another error saying I have "On-the-fly software decryption enabled" and it recommends disabling 3rd party software. ??? Anyway, it fails trying to open the disc after mounting the ISO on my hard drive and it won't rip the actual disc without corruption. Some new kind of copy decryption?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

BD+ is completely separate from other encryption on the disk, so other decrypting software may not work with it.

As for dealing with another decrypter between MakeMKV and the disk, you get the warning because the results cannot be guaranteed when the data isn't what is expected.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
decadentdave

Post by decadentdave »

I tried creating a backup with MakeMKV and then opening the BDMV file it created and ripping the individual tracks from it and had the same results as ripping directly from disc. Video has macroblocking and is corrupted. Unless there's a fix for MakeMKV, we won't be able to rip these discs.
decadentdave

Post by decadentdave »

RokkoRokko wrote:Hi
Same problem
awaiting solution

I have noted the extras don't suffer this problem, just the main episodes
Yup. The Guy Williams screen test on disc one looks and sounds just fine. Maybe they are encoding them with a new HD codec algorithm? When I play the discs on a bluray player I get occassional picture freezes. Several people have commented the same issues with the discs on the bluray.com forum. It's almost like layer change freezes but occur between 4-8 times per episode. Wonder if that is having any effect on MakeMKV not ripping them correctly?
RokkoRokko

Post by RokkoRokko »

There seems to be two encoding types with the Lost in Space set.

The extras rip perfectly, even without the FUTs.

The main episodes are the issue.

The encoding is so strong the regular players have difficulty playing them, meaning the encoders have crossed the line in the sense the product doesn't play properly when used as intended.

Hoping the admins here get the code decryption sorted soon-as

I hate playing disks - they are so fragile for a start
RokkoRokko

Post by RokkoRokko »

The playback / rip artifacts I get look like shattered screen images on damaged celphones.

The tears in the image look like watercolor runs dribbling out

I have to admit its an interesting effect, as an effect, but not what I want to see when trying to enjoy Lost in Space in crystal clear clarity for the first time ever
RokkoRokko

Post by RokkoRokko »

decadentdave wrote:I tried creating a backup with MakeMKV and then opening the BDMV file it created and ripping the individual tracks from it and had the same results as ripping directly from disc. Video has macroblocking and is corrupted. Unless there's a fix for MakeMKV, we won't be able to rip these discs.
MakeMKV will be able to do it.

If you read the posts above the admin got another poster to send samples of his attempts and files from the disk.

The algorithm simply means that the single files are the videos with portions missing.
There is a code 'FUT' that tells a player where the missing information is.

MakeMKV has to access that code to reassemble the videos as proper playable / rippable videos.

It IS doable as the FUT code exists otherwise the disks would be unplayable.

From the sample, the MakeMKV guys will acquire the FUT code and this will solve the problem.

If you look at the info as MakeMKV examines the disk you will notice messages saying no FUTs were obtained.

Once the FUTs for Lost in Space are established and in the MakeMKV database, they will be downloaded during that examination process as disk loads...

It'll get the FUTs and, in theory, we should get nice clean beautiful crystal clear 1080p Lost in Space episodes to enjoy.

No more errors.....

In theory, anyway
RokkoRokko

Post by RokkoRokko »

Message to admin

Whats the update for this, how its it all going?
decadentdave

Post by decadentdave »

RokkoRokko wrote:
decadentdave wrote:I tried creating a backup with MakeMKV and then opening the BDMV file it created and ripping the individual tracks from it and had the same results as ripping directly from disc. Video has macroblocking and is corrupted. Unless there's a fix for MakeMKV, we won't be able to rip these discs.
MakeMKV will be able to do it.

If you read the posts above the admin got another poster to send samples of his attempts and files from the disk.

The algorithm simply means that the single files are the videos with portions missing.
There is a code 'FUT' that tells a player where the missing information is.

MakeMKV has to access that code to reassemble the videos as proper playable / rippable videos.

It IS doable as the FUT code exists otherwise the disks would be unplayable.

From the sample, the MakeMKV guys will acquire the FUT code and this will solve the problem.

If you look at the info as MakeMKV examines the disk you will notice messages saying no FUTs were obtained.

Once the FUTs for Lost in Space are established and in the MakeMKV database, they will be downloaded during that examination process as disk loads...

It'll get the FUTs and, in theory, we should get nice clean beautiful crystal clear 1080p Lost in Space episodes to enjoy.

No more errors.....

In theory, anyway
Makes sense. It's like decoding with a proper decryption key. We just need the keys. I guess we'll have to hold out patiently for a little while longer, I guess. Frustrating as I want to stream the episodes and watch them from my server rather than sliding these damn discs out of this shitty packaging and risk scratching them.
RokkoRokko

Post by RokkoRokko »

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

The package is awesome, love the graphic art

But the disks jammed into cardboard - They could have done a lot better than that, worse, it defies reasonable perception of common sense as the makers should be aware of the need to protect discs as thats the business they are in.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

RokkoRokko wrote:Message to admin

Just updated for (almost) all discs.
decadentdave

Post by decadentdave »

mike admin wrote:
RokkoRokko wrote:Message to admin

Just updated for (almost) all discs.
Hi Mike, where is the update? I still see 1.9.7 which is the version I am currently using.
decadentdave

Post by decadentdave »

Just tried re-ripping it again using 1.9.7 and it appears to be fixed!!!! Thank you!!! :D
RokkoRokko

Post by RokkoRokko »

Thank you Mike

The disks are ripping just fine so far

much appreciated

Nice to see the show without those goofy artifacts